mmd

People here over 25 old ?

Hi, Im wondering others here over 25 old. Im 26 old, from Argentina. Ive joined to many depression forums, and looking for online sites to meet other people with depression, ive not find many -none- people in this sites, I thought something like a online social network for people with depression would be good to meet others, but its been pretty useless, and Its just silence. 

Whats been your experience ?

Hi, I am 48 and also struggling with depression. I am having a hard time doing anything and find it all very lonely. It feels really important to get support and it can be difficult if people don’t respond here. I want to tell you you are not alone. So many of us are in the same boat. 

@mmd, I'm way past 25, suffered from depression for many of those years. I come to df everyday, sometimes when things are really rough several times a day.  I don't always respond to what people say, I may hit the like button. The majority  of the time I'm in here, I read what others write, it helps me to see that I am not alone in my fight, especially since my family is not supportive and I have social anxiety. There are alot of people here that do not know the impact they had have on my life and I am grateful for the day I found df and these wonderful people. I may never meet them in real life, and I may walk past one of them and not know it, but I know they are here and that they understand what I'm living with. I have difficulty making friends but here I feel safe and I can call these wonderful people friends

I have looked at other mental health websites and was frightened away by people telling me what I should do, what drugs to take and how to live.  I have not found that here. Heck I'm probably one of the oldest people here but let me tell you, there are many young ones  that have a much clear view of things than this old lady and their words have helped me when I feel low.

Stick around. You don't have to interact unless you chose. And if I don't respond, I still read what you wrote and understand what you are going though. I am the silent one.

23 hours ago, sober4life said:

I'm 40 but I sure don't act like it.

haha. I just wish I didnt reach my oxy tolerance. damn. I most often go thru hell but when i feel little better i act as a 20 yo 🙂

48 minutes ago, Zagor said:

haha. I just wish I didnt reach my oxy tolerance. damn. I most often go thru hell but when i feel little better i act as a 20 yo 🙂

I've acted like a teenager my whole life.  When I was young I seemed older than I was but at 40 still acting like I'm 15 the world is sick of me.

The problem is that online media as well as the internet in general aren't really how we're supposed to form human connections, a person is somebody that's right next to you, that you can see and talk to, not posts on a website.

Add to that the demographic being depressed or otherwise maladjusted people and that's just not a good recipe for success at all.

Of course there will always be exceptions and people that get lucky but that's just that, an exception.

That's the sad truth, we all want love, attention, care but let's just say the demand far outstrips the supply.

I will not divulge my age here - because as a woman I am sensitive about it. However, I will let slip the fact that my eldest child is turning 20 this year and I had him halfway through my 20s. If you care to do the math you will get the answer. However, any attempt to post my age here will result in immediate redaction 😋

On 4/13/2019 at 11:55 AM, mmd said:

Ive joined to many depression forums, and looking for online sites to meet other people with depression, ive not find many -none- people in this sites, I thought something like a online social network for people with depression would be good to meet others, but its been pretty useless, and Its just silence.

I might have seen you on another forum, where I replied... basically saying that loneliness can extend even onto the Internet and such forums. Some people seem to identify with one another naturally and develop friendships here, while others are less able to fit in and click with others.

I'm probably more in that latter category, just as in real life, so any advice I give would be suspect. Still, it goes without saying that active participation is key -- people know you only from your posts, responses, reactions, etc. You never know where or when you might find others on the same wavelength as you.

The problem i have, is that, in the forums, or people dont reply, or, the people i see is people that is too much affected, you read their messages and they just see all bad, are those who really dont know what to do, they are just too "depressed.

Ive tried to read the topics in the forums, but are so bad to read. This "media thing", have came to this forums, I dont see that the forums are used properly for people with depression, anyone post, post their "problems," but depression is another thing, dont see the forums as a place to meet other people.

Im not one of those "confused person", i dont ask for advices, i dont say i dont know what to do, im not anxious.

I just deal with loneliness.