I have been looking for an over the counter medication to help with my depression that doesn't really have too many extreme negative effects. I did some google searches and found the medication SamE. Has anyone had any experience and if so, would you recommend same? 

Thank you and have a nice day!

5 hours ago, Lostonesweeping said:

I have been looking for an over the counter medication to help with my depression that doesn't really have too many extreme negative effects. I did some google searches and found the medication SamE. Has anyone had any experience and if so, would you recommend same? 

Thank you and have a nice day!

Hello and welcome @Lostonesweeping

I have not used SamE, but have read promising things about it and have considered trying it.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

Not heard of SamE, but I recently started using CBD oil, its over the counter and relieves my anxiety such that I can cut my benzo dosage in half. It has many other good benefits and is legal in 49 states, Canada etc. iheard Walgreens or CVS will be selling it this month. 

I dont think any over the counters are as effective as prescribed stuff but they are a good compromise when side effects are the problem. Look it up on youtube if you have no idea what I am talking about.

I did try SamE, both as is, and in a specific formula which my phsychiatrist especially wrote out, which had to be compounded at a traditional compounding pharmacy. It was the most expensive meds I've ever used, (and as you guys probably know, that's saying a lot!) and didn't seem to help, but what it did seem to help was my pain and autoimmune issues. However, there were many things in that formula, so I can't say which one was responsible, and as it didn't serve its purpose, I dropped it. However, many people do seem to find it helpful, so I'd definitely recommend trying it at least once, (as long as it doesn't react to any other medication and you have a doctor helping!)

Good luck!

4 hours ago, MargotMontage said:

I did try SamE, both as is, and in a specific formula which my phsychiatrist especially wrote out, which had to be compounded at a traditional compounding pharmacy. It was the most expensive meds I've ever used, (and as you guys probably know, that's saying a lot!) and didn't seem to help, but what it did seem to help was my pain and autoimmune issues. However, there were many things in that formula, so I can't say which one was responsible, and as it didn't serve its purpose, I dropped it. However, many people do seem to find it helpful, so I'd definitely recommend trying it at least once, (as long as it doesn't react to any other medication and you have a doctor helping!)

Good luck!

Yeah I ended up trying SamE but couldn't tell a difference. The box mentioned that it takes about 2 weeks before the medication starts affecting you but I still haven't been able to tell a difference. I'll probably just drop it when I run out.

On 4/12/2019 at 9:10 PM, Extremebeginner said:

Not heard of SamE, but I recently started using CBD oil, its over the counter and relieves my anxiety such that I can cut my benzo dosage in half. It has many other good benefits and is legal in 49 states, Canada etc. iheard Walgreens or CVS will be selling it this month. 

I dont think any over the counters are as effective as prescribed stuff but they are a good compromise when side effects are the problem. Look it up on youtube if you have no idea what I am talking about.

Alright, I'll have to take a look and see if CBD oil would be good for my situation. Thank you for the suggestion.

12 hours ago, Lostonesweeping said:

Alright, I'll have to take a look and see if CBD oil would be good for my situation. Thank you for the suggestion.

That's ok! All the best with your new treatment!