Sign in to follow this  
Maxx55

Bad Luck Streak Continues - Put my pet to sleep

Well my two years of bad luck continues....ugh..must be cursed or something. 

Mom passed away August 2017, pet cat Tiger passed away in November 2018, pet cat Pumpkin passed away April 1st, 2019. That and continuing to deal with other personal issues as well (see my other posts..don't feel like repeating myself right now). 

I need a vacation. 

p.s. - anyone know how to lose weight? Tried going to a gym only to get laughed at by some of the gym rats there...did not help my confidence or self-esteem at all. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Maxx55 said:

Mom passed away August 2017, pet cat Tiger passed away in November 2018, pet cat Pumpkin passed away April 1st, 2019. That and continuing to deal with other personal issues as well (see my other posts..don't feel like repeating myself right now). 

I need a vacation. 

p.s. - anyone know how to lose weight? Tried going to a gym only to get laughed at by some of the gym rats there...did not help my confidence or self-esteem at all. 

I am so sorry for your losses. That takes time to process through and for the pain to begin to ease up. It never totally goes away. Probably the best dog I've ever had died in 2014. There are days when things are very hard that I still miss her and want to talk to her. Our pets listen intently with no judgement. They can sense when we are in distress and stay close. It's a powerful bond, or can be. 💙

As to weight loss, that's so hard and takes such persistence. Eating several smaller meals a day (vs three big ones) helps keep your metabolism up. Avoiding processed foods helps, portion control matters and you might consider consulting a dietitian. Having an accountability partner is super powerful too. Don't try to start too many new habits at one time. Imo you kinda set yourself up for failure when you do that. As you can, brisk walks 3-4 times a day will help kick things off too. 

Edited by lp44

Hi Maxx55,

Oh, how many terrible losses you have suffered lately ! ! !   I am so, very, very sorry.  I can't even imagine what you are going through.  My heart goes out to you.

I am 64 years old and the only diet that worked for me was a low-carb diet plus exercise.  Not sure if that is even a healthy diet, but it did help me shed the pounds and pretty quickly too.  Please do not try any diet/exercise regimen without first consulting with your doctor.  I'm sure a doctor would have really helpful advice about losing weigh.  Please do not rely on anything I might say about losing weight.  I am not a doctor and you deserve the best!    - epictetus

1 hour ago, lp44 said:

I am so sorry for your losses. That takes time to process through and for the pain to begin to ease up. It never totally goes away. Probably the best dog I've ever had died in 2014. There are days when things are very hard that I still miss her and want to talk to her. Our pets listen intently with no judgement. They can sense when we are in distress and stay close. It's a powerful bond, or can be. 💙

As to weight loss, that's so hard and takes such persistence. Eating several smaller meals a day (vs three big ones) helps keep your metabolism up. Avoiding processed foods helps, portion control matters and you might consider consulting a dietitian. Having an accountability partner is super powerful too. Don't try to start too many new habits at one time. Imo you kinda set yourself up for failure when you do that. As you can, brisk walks 3-4 times a day will help kick things off too. 

I meant walks 3-4 times a week. 😳

12 hours ago, Maxx55 said:

I need a vacation. 

I'm so sorry for all of your losses. It's a hard thing to deal with and its a heavy weight to carry. I hope you take your time to fully recover from your recent loss. It's been months since my dog passed away and it's still been hard, even now. Take all the time you need.

As for weight, I agree with the small seven meals a day that @lp44 recommended above. That has helped me drop quite a bit of weight a couple summers back. Make sure you're drinking your water-- not only does water bring more benefits for your body, but it also raises your metabolism some. One thing to note, it's okay to have a candy bar or a cupcake- just don't overdo it. Maybe have a cheat day to look forward to at the end of the week if you do good with your diet during the rest of the week. I know that helped me stay on track quite a bit.

Sorry to hear you got laughed at. That's a really rude thing for them to do, and is also the reason some people just can't go to a public gym. So not cool of them.

Please do plan a vacation soon. Maybe take a nice road trip or something- it would be a nice break!

Wishing you the best!

14 hours ago, Maxx55 said:

Also sorry for your losses... I wish I could be of some help, but those are tough.

Regarding the gym, don't be discouraged by some bad apples. I think laughing at others is usually just an expression of their own insecurity. If you put together a solid workout routine (whether with a doctor, trainer, or on your own) and learn how to do your exercises well, you should be able to achieve your goals of weight loss, and no one will laugh. Nothing intimidates gym rats of that sort like confidence and knowledge of what you're doing.

So very sorry for your losses they seem to add up and push us further for your sake I hope your kitty was not what was holding you together.

For weight loss you can talk to your doctor, but even just adding in a walk will help. 

Thank you everyone. 

Im in a funk right now and I’m not enjoying life I I see others doing. 

I’m fat. I’ll admit it.  Part of my problem is yes I’ve been dabbling in self harm (I realize that now). Not by cutting or anything violent, but self-harm through eating. 

I guess I can blame my mom a little bit and the things she did. Example “ you took the food so you are going to eat the whole thing. I don’t care if you’re full.” And other mom things.  

I then became an emotional eater after my first real break up from a girl. Emotional pain hurt so much, I drowned it out through food.....good wouldn’t judge me....just like my cats  no judgement, just caring purrs.

i still remember when my wife left..didn’t eat for two days.......medicated myself with Xanax and laid in bed. 

Im so broken   

I don't know if it is possible to enjoy life, but you can work on yourself. As an emotional eater myself in the past I know how hard it is to stop. 

Instead of going to the gym start by walking, or if you are up to it biking. My cousin lost over 100 pounds by changing his routine from driving to and from work to walking. Myself I walk every lunch hour gets me outside, gives me exercise and helps me get through my afternoon.