Sign in to follow this  
MrEasyE

19 Male - First Time dealing with Depression this extreme

Hey everyone,

Not to sure if this is where I should post this but I need some advice to help get me back on track... So here is my story,

So, it all started for me around MLK weekend. I was hanging out with my friends and we decided to smoke some Weed (Sativa Dominant Strain). I'm not to big into smoking weed, like I have only smoke 4 previous times before this. Moving along...the night was fine no problems at all with the high, and a few hours later we decided to get drunk. We were downing captain morgan like it was water, and I eventually found my self face lying into a toilet throwing up. After a few hours in the bathroom, I then passed out on the couch in my friends basement. Now, when I woke up I felt off. Not like hungover...I felt different. Like it was just off, I couldn't concentrate on anything, my mind was racing, and I started to freak out. I eventually told my parents about how I was feeling (With trouble concentrating and how I felt off). My anxiety shot through the roof because I had no idea what was wrong with me. So after anxiety attack after anxiety attack, I still had no clue what was wrong with me. And then I had a severe panic attack that lasted an hour and a half. So we ended up taking myself to the hospital to check all my symptoms and go over tests to make sure everything was working properly. My symptoms were: difficulty concentrating, dizziness, lethargy, double/blurred vision, racing thoughts, ruminating thoughts, hopelessness, brain fog, insomnia, and etc. I felt like I was going crazy. I visited my family doctor after a few weeks of dealing with this and he prescribed me with Lexapro at 10mg. Now it didn't really seem to help with my depression but it helped with my anxiety to where I wasn't having daily anxiety attacks. And now I am on Remron at 7.5 mg for the sleep issues.

Now I am in the process of recovery and trying to get back to the way things were...I've done a ton of research on trying to figure out what the hell happened to me. Now I have a general idea, I think the weed and alcohol messed with my neurotransmitters, specifically my dopamine levels. I'm going to see a psychatrist on Friday, and I am excited to share with him what I have collected over the past two months and see what he thinks.

This is my story. If anyone has any tips or ideas that they would like to add after reading my story, it would mean the world to me!! 

Thank you so much,

MrEasyE

Hey

I think its definitely helpful to reach out on forums like this where other people share similar issues.

Sometimes there is no pinpoint for depression, i used to try and work out what caused mine all the time but in reality that wouldnt change anything.

Good that you've been researching! I always think its helpful to understand your illness. In terms of tips, i'd just say be kind to yourself, work out what makes you feel good and bad, what things relax you and keep busy if you find your mind wandering to a bad place.

Good luck with your psych on Friday! Hope you get the help you need 🙂

Hi MrEasyE,

I want to welcome you to the Forums. 

What you went through sounds really scary.  I think your consulting a psychiatrist is the best possible thing you can do.  Hopefully these Forums will prove to be helpful to you.  They have helped me a lot.  I would like to write more but am suffering a terrible bout of tendinitis in both hands and so I cannot type for long.  It is my hope that you will be able to get to the bottom of what is happening to you and find some relief ! ! !   - epictetus

I, too, welcome you! Sorry you are dealing with all that yet glad you are taking some good steps for your mental health.

Please keep coming back, reading, and posting. You are not alone in this.

BW