Heritage brand Bupropion

para_life

Hi,

I'm new here.  I have OCD, PTSD and Depression.  I was unable to work for several years after a postpartum depression.  I tried many types and brands of anti-depressants, anti-anxiety medications, etc. but still struggled.  About 10 years ago, I was put on a low dose Bupropion, 75mg 2X's per day and .5 mg klonopin at night.  As I adjusted to these small amounts of medication, I got better and better.  I went from not being able to leave the house to working more than one job and going to school.  I've been back working for 7.5 years.  I can even drive long distances by myself for the first time in my life.  

One thing I found was that the Sandoz brand of Bupropion worked the best for me.  I don't feel like I'm taking anything but it keeps me from going so deep into despair like I used to.   I went to get my prescription filled at CVS and they told me the Sandoz was on back order because there was a shortage.  I can't explain how terrified I felt.  My OCD went into overdrive.  I have called around and nobody has the Sandoz.  I ended up with a brand I've never heard of and I can't even find anything online about people's experiences with it.  It's Heritage brand.  I went ahead and got it filled and took my first one this morning.

I'm kind of freaked out because I feel like I can feel a difference between the Heritage and the Sandoz.  I'm really scared.  

I'm hoping someone else here takes the Heratige so I can get their input.

Thank you!

I've been checking back to see if anyone answered my post.  In the meantime, I wanted to give an update about how my switch from Sandoz to Heritage has been going.  Since yesterday was Saturday and I don't work on weekends, I decided to start the switch.  Basically, I feel like a lot of my ocd symptoms are breaking through on the Heritage but I don't know if that's just me obsessing about every feeling, thought, symptom, etc..  I feel like I can't focus as well somehow.  Intrusive thoughts I normally don't have anymore seem to be popping up.  I wish I didn't have to make this change but I don't have any choice until the Sandoz shortage evens out.  

I went out to dinner last night.  I always have two glasses of wine on Saturday night with dinner (I never drink any other time).  I was terrified something would happen but I was fine.

Maybe I'm fine but I'm still scared.  

I have no idea which brand of bupropion XL I use, but I'm on 300 mg per day and it keeps me functioning at a high level.  I also take ginko-biloba and an herbal tincture called "Brain" from the American Botanical Pharmacy.  Maybe you can get your burprion online.  Online pharmacies require a written prescription be faxed to them and the hard copy mailed immediately (though they'll fill the prescription and mail it to you once they have the fax.). 

Just a thought.

• 2 years later...

I had to switch to Heritage about 2 months ago because Mylan went out of circulation. I find it very bad in terms of concentration and focus. That alone causes more anxiety because I cannot do my work as well. I suggest you try several pharmacies and try to switch. Mylan was acquired by Viatris and I think they are now selling the old Mylan formula again. Good luck!!!