MaepleSyrup

Would you rather be/adopt a cat or dog?

Canine or feline?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather adopt/be?

This is a super random question, but since it's out of the blue and it's never really asked in everyday conversations, I figured I'd ask you guys. Sometimes, it's interesting to hear how people respond, since it's not really something everybody thinks about a lot. If you were a cat or a dog, what breed would you be and what would you do? How would you act towards humans? Towards your owner? Would you live in a home or run free in the outdoors? What do you think your story would be if you were one of the two?

If you prefer the other question, would you rather adopt a cat or a dog and why? If you already own either one of the two or both, what made you choose your pet(s)?

The reason I pick these two is because they're usually the most adopted pet compared to avian/reptile/aquatic pets, and a lot of families own them. An equal amount of cats and dogs are adopted at the shelter I work at, so I thought of this question

Hope you all are doing well! :cat_jumps:

I love both, so I can't really vote/decide

I used to have two fawn pugs, which I think are just an awesome breed... The consummate canine clowns..I love good old mutts too, though

Cats are awesome too...I have one, and may get a second, haven't decided yet. Black shorthairs cats are my preferred "breed"..

I'd get a dog if I didn't live in an apartment and didn't have a crazy schedule. 

I grew up with cats, so I really love their independence - but I would not trade my dog for anything. I was thinking a while back about how dogs and humans evolved together. It is rather funny that we think that we got the good end of that deal.

Don't get me wrong, I love doggies (especially shepherds) and bond well with them.  But it was an ex-boyfriend from over 30 years ago who got me into cats, and I haven't looked back.  I'd certainly be one in the next life.  They're independent, but once you've earned their trust - make no mistake, it's earned - you know just what a gift it is.

I think I like them, too, for their tenacity.  They set the rules and those rules must be respected.  If you do, they're as faithful as any dog.

I would be a cat that doesn't have to be groomed. Because I would be scared of the trimmer and my hair not growing back to keep me warm. 

I would live indoors because my meal times would be on time all the time and very tasty occasionally.  Also I would have many soft surfaces to sleep or lounge on. I would love to be with my owner when I need lots of snuggles.  

I would also like another friend to chill with (aggravate) so we dont get sad when mommies gone.

I would be nice to all visitors that come over as long as their nice to mommy. Otherwise watch out. :cheesy:

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

I like the advertisements that show up when I click on this post.  They even make tents for cats.

Some of them are donated to the shelter. You'd be amazed at how fancy some of them look XD

Personally I would like to be a Mastiff breed that works, where I would work not so much of an issue. A farm would be nice i think, would like it to be Cattle farm. 

I have also adopted both cats and dogs (and others) I love cats, so much but I will always be a big dog fan (fan of big dogs and a big fan of dogs) 

I'll probably adopt a cat (once I'm out of my current quagmire at work and able to move somewhere suitable). Cats are super simple to take care of -- you really just need two things, namely the food/water bowl and the litter box, and you can largely leave them alone. On the other hand, dogs need to be taken for walks and generally are more demanding. At least these are my experiences with the family cats growing up long ago, as well as with friends' dogs when they were out of town and asked me to take care of them.

I can’t handle the responsibility that comes with owning a dog. My family has owned many cats over the past 30 years, and only three of them didn’t end up running away or getting lost.