Sign in to follow this  
throwaway50

Finding a good online therapist

Hello all.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience they could share about finding/using online therapists. I'd like to be able to speak to someone once a week, but I'm currently working in a fairly remote area and don't have any local therapists to go to.

If you know anyone good or have a source for good recommendations, I'm all ears. Thanks.

Welcome friend to our forum.

I don't have an answer for on line therapy but this forum can be very helpful to you if you give it a chance.

We have very caring and insightful members only too willing to listen to your concerns.

So keep posting and make yourself at home here.

We will try our best to help.

Oscar 

I agree we will be helpful here. An online therapist is going to be hard to really get to know and trust, Im sure they do exist but it would be better to meet one they take it online I think.

I get a lot of help from YouTube meditations and also TED talks. There are some interesting ones, just be careful to find one you like.... The voice or speed of the meditation makes a massive difference imho.

Post away, talking something out anonomously really helped me develop my own answers...