Posted (edited)

I don’t know if I belong here. I’m just really depressed, I have no friends in real life besides my boyfriend who doesn’t understand me very well. I’m really lonely. I’ve been extremely depressed on and off for years. This time it’s lasted months and I only feel slightly better if I am high. I think so much about dying and I can’t hold down a job. I wish I could get better. 

Edited by WinslowBoba
Worded wrong

Hi WinslowBoba and welcome to the Forums !

Nice to meet you.

I am so sorry that you are really depressed.  Being depressed is just an awful and brutal experience beyond description.  Hopefully these Forums will prove helpful to you.  We are all fellow sufferers here and sometimes there is no substitute for sharing with those who are going through the same or similar things, like depression.  Its terrible that you have been depressed on and off for years!  Depression can be so destructive of so many aspects of life.

I want to thank you for posting here.  It really helps me and will help so many people from around the world who read your post.  Posts like yours are not only healing for us but even life saving.  So I want to thank you for all the people you will help here today and in the future.  I only hope we can be as helpful to you as you have been to us.  I think you are very heroic!

- epictetus

Welcome to DF, friend.

I’m sorry to hear about your struggles. Please know that you’re not alone and you don’t need to carry your burdens alone. I know it’s not easy to go through depression. It’s a very complex issue that deserves personal and in-depth attention. Putting an end to your life will never solve your problems. Are you seeing a therapist/counselor? I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will surround you with His comfort and provide the strength and help you need at this time. Remember that you deserve to feel better. You can always come here to share and I’m here to support you. Hugs!

13 hours ago, WinslowBoba said:

I don’t know if I belong here. I’m just really depressed, I have no friends in real life besides my boyfriend who doesn’t understand me very well. I’m really lonely. I’ve been extremely depressed on and off for years. This time it’s lasted months and I only feel slightly better if I am high. I think so much about dying and I can’t hold down a job. I wish I could get better. 

Hi, i'm so sorry to hear of your troubles. 

I completely emphasise with the feelings of loneliness, and can understand (and often long for) the oblivion that being high can provide.

I hope that you find some peace while you spend some time here 

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers tonight 

Welcome! Sorry that you are in such a hard place. I, too, have job issues. You are not alone. Hope you keep coming back, reading, and posting. You do belong here. Glad that you reached out. We will support you as best we can. 

BW