I have serious issues with fatigue and trazadone seemed to help me quite a bit, but i keep having to take more.  250mg is not working so I'm thinking 300mg might be enough.  But my doctor (family practice) says 200mg is the max dose, which seems low.  There are plenty of people taking 400 out there.  Thoughts? 

6 minutes ago, SquareOne said:

I have serious issues with fatigue and trazadone seemed to help me quite a bit, but i keep having to take more.  250mg is not working so I'm thinking 300mg might be enough.  But my doctor (family practice) says 200mg is the max dose, which seems low.  There are plenty of people taking 400 out there.  Thoughts? 

I have yet to meet anyone who's had a good experience with Trazadone, but keep in mind that anything you hear from us or from other consumers is anecdotal. I suggest that you trust your body. If you're comfortable experimenting a bit and have enough support to help you if the side effects turn ugly... that's your call.

(Full disclosure: I overdosed on Trazadone. It didn't feel that great. Please be careful.)

Hi SquareOne,

Sometimes a psychiatrist can prescribe higher doses of mental health medications . . . I mean in comparison to other types of doctors.  Don't know enough to offer you any meaningful advice.  I myself am on Trazadone for sleep and find it very effective for that.  I take 50mg for sleep.  I have some interest in Trazadone as it seems to prevent and reverse senile dementias like Alzheimer's Disease in some very, very limited and preliminary research studies.  I will be watching how that goes.  Best to you!!

- epictetus