Sign in to follow this  
FerryJerry

I am not keen what goes on

I wake up and I feel stable, not great but stable and then I see or read things and it drags me down so I guess I am going to make a list of what got me today

1: The Simpsons not releasing further seasons to the UK and they won't even be on disk

2: I saw someone being bullied online on facebook and I reported it but facebook hardly ever do anything because there are no human staff on Facebook

3: The news gets to me

4: I saw that a member of parliament is using their authority to put pressure on social media websites to shut down users that they taken a dislike too who have done nothing wrong

then there's stuff going on  in my life offline like somehow we manage to burn through £25 a day just for groceries for two of us and I don't think that's right but if I say anything I just get blamed, oh its the £1 cookies I brought to help my mood or its the £1 bar of chocolate I am not the worst spender by any means, we burned through £800 last month and we don't have rent, it wasn't on bills or gas or electric it was mainly junk from Amazon which I don't think we needed

my friends, they keep on at me what I am I doing to work or make money and I am too ill to work both mentally and also with my bad back and shoulders from where I injured them at work, people just don't understand and that's why I don't like seeing our friends because they ask too many questions when I am not the bad guy here, it just feels like there are pressures in society to comply with norms and its not that simple, everyone doesn't fit in to a box, everything is not always black and white and if I was well enough I would work I hate being stuck at home, feeling defeated and useless you know

I even need to sort my laptop out because it's acting up and we can't afford to get it fixed at the rates pc world charge etc, I can do it but backup everything up and set it back up again is a difficult task when you are very ill, I don't even know where my product keys are and I don't want to have to get windows 10 because its to unfamiliar and new, I like windows 8 because its familiar and I know how to do everything with it, I have lost my good laptop I suspect it was stolen but I can't prove anything because I don't know where I had it last but I've been through everything and still no laptop and this one the keyboard is dying and the screens coming apart from where it was poorly made

Hi FJ and welcome to the forums. I am sorry you are so distraught over these things. I cannot tell you that things will get better. What I can say is you can learn to see things a different way. When I get very low, I say the serenity prayer from Al-Anon: "God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." If you believe in any higher power, you can just say your name for your higher power in place of God. My therapist tells me flat out, do NOT watch the news. Talk about sht you can't change!! My other advice is get off Facebook. It's a time-sucking, gigantic spy. I left years ago because I hate the drama and Zuckerberg is a d**k. 🙂 Take my advice with a teaspoon of salt, as these are things that work for me, but may not be for everyone. Hope this helps!!! Peace. 🕊✌️

4 minutes ago, Tearz said:

Hi FJ and welcome to the forums. I am sorry you are so distraught over these things. I cannot tell you that things will get better. What I can say is you can learn to see things a different way. When I get very low, I say the serenity prayer from Al-Anon: "God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." If you believe in any higher power, you can just say your name for your higher power in place of God. My therapist tells me flat out, do NOT watch the news. Talk about sht you can't change!! My other advice is get off Facebook. It's a time-sucking, gigantic spy. I left years ago because I hate the drama and Zuckerberg is a d**k. 🙂 Take my advice with a teaspoon of salt, as these are things that work for me, but may not be for everyone. Hope this helps!!! Peace. 🕊✌️

I really appreciate your advice, The serenity prayer is something that I felt moved by also

I have been considering moving from facebook for a while now, I would use it to share my photos and talk to my friends but they hardly say much these days anyways so I think it might be time to move on from there, I've always not liked that these big corporations spy on people and harvest personal information

I need to find more positive things to do online but for now, I am  just cuddled up with my baby kitten and I am thankful for her because she is comforting and I love her