Sign in to follow this  
Steak47

What do you daily to make yourself feel any better?

Im struggling at the moment in seeing the point in life.

I exercise, try and walk around green places and just started thai chi. 

Anything anyone does daily they think helps?

I usually am always playing music--is a big part of my life and music always helps me to relax...Music just lifts my mood and I think if I didn't have music then my life would seem pointless..8-]] 

I work at remembering that I have a serious illness that I didn't cause, can't cure, and can't control. That helps me to have realistic expectations and to treat myself extra gently each day. I also have a deep spiritual life where I can give things to God that are too much for me to do alone even the small things. Everyday I need that connection or I'm very overwhelmed.

BW

Exercise helps me.

Pumping iron is an investment in myself.

Thinking positive thoughts even in the face of crushing sorrow helps me also. 

I remind myself many times a day that things could be worse, but are not worse and that helps me feel lucky, grateful and happy.  I do this in several steps:

1] I could be worse than I am, but am not, thank Goodness.  I could be weaker, less courageous, less wise, less, careful, less good, less healthy, but I am not worse.

2] People could be worse than they are, but are not worse, thank Goodness.

3] My life situation and events could be worse than they are, but are not worse, thank Goodness.

4] Things and events in the world could be worse, but are not worse, thank Goodness.

By reminding myself of these things I am able to break free of the "could be better but isn't better' mindset which causes me so much sadness, anger, frustration and unhappiness. 

@BeyondWeary your spirituality is very inspirational to me. I struggle every day with my faith and when I am up against things which are so unfair, it's sometimes hard for me to reconcile that with God's love. Your faith is truly a beautiful vehicle you can rely on to get over those really rough roads. I just wanted you to know your post really touched my heart. 

@watalife as I enjoy my morning coffee today, I can hear a mourning dove and a baby cardinal. Singing birds transport my mind back to my mammaw's back yard, and bring hope for a new beginning. I am grateful that something trivial can spark such happiness. 🕊

Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2019 at 7:34 PM, watalife said:

Feeding the birds outside. They are currently my only animal entertainment.  They are so lovely  🤗

That's a particularly good reminder to me.  I have a couple feeders outside my office window that have remained neglected for too long.  (And it's entertainment for Kitty, as well).  Thank you.

Edited by MarkintheDark