Hi my name is Jerry I am 27 male from New Zeland originally but I moved to the UK I suffer from various mental health conditions such as depression self-harm and anxiety at the moment I do not have a lot of support and I am very depressed I feel lonely, stuck and doomed and I have little to no direction in life

I tried to fill a void in my life by getting some pets but I do not feel like I have anything left in this life other than my pets and my wife meg but we don't always see eye to eye I wish I had the strength to better my life and to travel or do something positive my friends they keep asking me what I am doing for work or what I am going to do to earn money but I feel so sick all of the time with an illness that can't seem to be treated and no one knows what it is and I am ground down

Aloha to you our new forum friend.

We all have a vast void within.

Emptiness is a natural formation for everyone.

The question then becomes what do we do about this metaphorical dark cave inside of ourselves?

Our goal here is to not leave anyone behind in their depression cave.

Keep posting your concerns and we will try to help.

Oscar

Aloha Jerry - or maybe Kia Ora would be also appropriate,

Yes, depression can make me feel lost and without direction, too.  We hear you, and hope you will keep posting if it helps.  

take care and be kind to yourself.  

Welcome to DF, Jerry.

I’m so sorry hear what you’re going through. I know how difficult and frustrating it must be for you. Depression is a very complex issue that deserves personal and in-depth attention. Have you ever considered talking with a therapist/counselor? I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will provide the strength and help you need at this time. Remember that you deserve to feel better and you don’t need to carry your burdens alone. You can always come here to share, and I’m sure you’ll find a lot of help and support. I know it’s not easy, but stay strong. Sending prayers your way!

@FerryJerry

Hi Jerry,

Sorry that it took me so long to respond to your post.  I also want to welcome you here.

Depression is so brutal and I am sorry that it has you in its claws.  People not afflicted by depression can sometimes lack understanding and empathy for how terrible this illness is.  I hope you will find understanding, compassion, encouragement and consolation here on these Forums.  They have helped me a lot. 

- epictetus