Sign in to follow this  
moodyjuniper

Please Don't Do That

Please don't get mad at me if I don't look at you or smile back while in public. I have a condition and one of the symptoms is unfriendliness and nervousness 

Edited by watalife

Please don't post anymore cat videos. There are so many on there already that no one will ever be able to watch them all or comment on all of them. Kinda ridiculous really. 

-  #1 cat fan

Please don’t get angry at me for having a dip

Please don’t ask me what has changed to make me have a dip. Understand that I feel like this all the time, the dip is just when i’m not able to mask it anymore.

Please don’t let me know about your plans when it’s too late for me to join too. That only makes me feel more lonely.

Please don’t tell me everything is going to be ok

Please don’t tell me that you ‘can’t wait to see me over summer’ because I know that you won’t end up being able to meet me at all

Please don't say, "See? I knew you could could do it!" with smug satisfaction. My functionality (or lack of it) isn't an opportunity for you to prove how right you are about me. Saying this is not cheerleading, it's a microaggression - another way of shaming a person who's struggling with mental health. 

On 3/6/2019 at 2:32 AM, sober4life said:

I'm not sure what this topic is about.  I understand how you feel about the chocolate and sweets on holidays.  I love them but should never have them.  My family knows I have an extreme eating disorder and they are making me 3 cakes for my birthday.  Of course I can't say no.  My mind won't allow me to.  I'll eat them all.  It seems like a lot of the time the people around me don't get it though.  I feel like I'm speaking a different language most of the time or they aren't listening to a word I say.

Yeah, my family do that too. It's especially sad since I've asked them not to and they keep doing it anyway, so it's clear that their desires trump my needs. I get what you mean.

Please don't treat me like I'm stupid just because you think you know everything about something we both enjoy or like.

Please don't be so open and blunt about your...personal matters because I honestly don't want to hear anything about your personal health or relationships (drama wise).

Please don't brag about your accomplishments and awards- because yes, we all know you're so perfect and interesting (que sarcasm).

Please don't insult or joke about my pets or family, because that's what's going to make me hold a huge grudge towards you in the long run.

On 3/15/2019 at 7:24 PM, MaepleSyrup said:

If it helps, get one of those "No Soliciting" signs to put on your front door. It keeps them away. At most, they'll leave whatever paper they want to give on your door knob XD

Or.... tell hem you’ve been abducted by aliens and already know the truth.  It really freaks them out if you can keep a straight face.  

Please stop trying to control my behavior when you're distressed at not being able to control everyone else's. I get that it's anxiety but it's your anxiety. I don't want it. 

Please don’t act like you’re interested in an activity I enjoy, and urge me to talk more about it.. only to have you completely ignore my enthusiasm later on when I try to speak.

Sign in to follow this