Sign in to follow this  
Depressedgurl007

No motivation

Posted (edited)

Today..I really have no motivation at all to get out of bed and do anything. Today I need to sweep and mop the floor and clean up my wardrobe. I also found an ants nest in the table in my room and I wanna throw the table away cos the nest is at the narrow part of the table where is difficult to reach but my husband told me not to throw and he will look at it later but till now he still hasn't look at it 😞 I need to pack my luggage cos I’m going overseas for work for a week. And sometimes everything just seem so tiring I can’t even start. I hate having no motivation to do anything. Would you have any recommendations on how to get out of bed in the morning..? I've been on my phone for like almost 3 hours in bed this morning.. I get angry at myself and hate myself that I'm being unproductive this 3 hours yet I still can't get out of bed.. I dunno if you understand how I'm feeling.. I kinda feel silly for posting this..sigh..

Edited by Depressedgurl007

5 minutes ago, Depressedgurl007 said:

Today..I really have no motivation at all to get out of bed and do anything. Today I need to sweep and mop the floor and clean up my wardrobe. I also found an ants nest in the table in my room and I wanna throw the table away cos the nest is at the narrow part of the table where is difficult to reach but my husband told me not to throw and he will look at it later but till now he still hasn't look at it 😞 I need to pack my luggage cos I’m going overseas for work for a week. And sometimes everything just seem so tiring I can’t even start. I hate having no motivation to do anything. Would you have any recommendations on how to get out of bed in the morning..? I've been on my phone for like almost 3 hours in bed this morning.. I get angry at myself and hate myself that I'm being unproductive this 3 hours yet I still can't get out of bed.. I dunno if you understand how I'm feeling.. I kinda feel silly for posting this..sigh..

Don’t feel silly my friend I been there too.  Maybe you can take you some vitamins for energy and for your anxiety and depression.  There are all kinds out there that can help give you a boost.  I hope things get better for you.

I also have days when I just can't get up. Low battery power days, I call them. I think my depression contributes in part and so do my sleep disorders. This is not to excuse my own laziness, if I'm being Nope-rah: was planning to go shop- Nope! I really ought to exerc- Nope! Right. Stare at the phone then?

Regarding tips on overcoming bed-lock, the call of nature is a powerful motivator followed immediately by a shower, before my mind conjures a compelling argument for why I must return to bed. Now and then I will roll myself towards the edge of the bed and let gravity do its thing but I wouldn't recommend this unless there's a rug or carpeting to absorb some of the impact.

I have days like that. Often. I know I will hate myself for giving in. A morning shower and breakfast ritual helps. 

I started doing triathlons. And I was so unfit when I started that working out early was the only option. I struggle ,but post workout I always feel better, like I achieved something. I basically created a habit, the feeling of achieving something in the morning. I won’t say I crave it, but at least I make the connection, and it will on most days force me out of bed

On 3/3/2019 at 8:00 AM, Depressedgurl007 said:

Would you have any recommendations on how to get out of bed in the morning..? I've been on my phone for like almost 3 hours in bed this morning.. I get angry at myself and hate myself that I'm being unproductive this 3 hours yet I still can't get out of bed

Get a job. Then you'll be forced to get out of bed & report for work, or risk getting fired.

I have a couple of tactics to deal with this. 

1. I have a lot of pets, I know they cannot take care of themselves so i have to do it. Usually cannot go longer than an extra 15 minutes in bed before the noise and attention gets me up. 

2. Plug my phone in, far away from my bed. I have to physically get up walk over and turn off alarm. Then I am up already 

I hope things are going better for you, DG007. As others have mentioned, it is day to day for most of us who carry this illness. Sometimes even the smallest thing can feel overwhelming so remember to give yourself high praise for anything you do no matter how trivial it may seem. I am pulling for you. 🕊💐🌼

Thanks all. I do have a job but weekends are the most difficult. I don’t know if things are better or the same.. if I have important and urgent things to do, I can get up to do them. If not, it’s quite difficult for me. 

21 hours ago, in_need_of_help82 said:

A morning shower and breakfast ritual helps. 

...I basically created a habit, the feeling of achieving something in the morning. I won’t say I crave it, but at least I make the connection, and it will on most days force me out of bed

I’ll try this. I guess it’s important to have some kind of achievement to aim for.. at least it’s something to look forward to even though it’s small.