I joined a few days ago. I have dealt with depression and anxiety since childhood, and developed body-focused repetitive behaviors a little later. 

Currently my trichotillomania/dermatillomania has gotten really bad, and I can’t stop. Hoping to find support, and also here to support others since I’ve had these issues for so long. 

When my brain isn’t out to get me, I like playing music, sewing, and getting outside. I love animals, and I have a cat and a pet tarantula. 

Good to meet all of you!

Hi Smallbike, great to meet you too and welcome to the forums. I'm so sorry to hear about the array of issues you're going through. I also struggle with dermatillomania, as I tend to compulsively and aggressively scratch at my skin, especially when my anxiety is acting up. I've been doing it for at least 10 years now and am still working to find solutions. 

I also love animals, including cats even though I am very allergic, but I must admit I am deathly afraid of spiders. 😭 I hope you will find the comfort and support that you seek here!

Hi Smallbike,

I like your screen name.  Welcome to the Forums!   I hope you will find them as helpful to you as they have been to me.  It is cool that you like spiders.  I have a lot of pet insects and like spiders a lot.   - epictetus

11 hours ago, Smallbike said:

I joined a few days ago. I have dealt with depression and anxiety since childhood, and developed body-focused repetitive behaviors a little later. 

Currently my trichotillomania/dermatillomania has gotten really bad, and I can’t stop. Hoping to find support, and also here to support others since I’ve had these issues for so long. 

When my brain isn’t out to get me, I like playing music, sewing, and getting outside. I love animals, and I have a cat and a pet tarantula. 

Good to meet all of you!

Hi Smallbike, welcome aboard.

What Tarantula do you have? I have a Cascada Bird Eater, Skeleton and Mexican Fireleg (amongst a hoard of other pets). I had a White Striped Birdeater as well but he passed before Christmas from Old Age. 

Hope your day is a great one

Hello Smallbike. Welcome to DF! I am sorry you have been a long-time sufferer and that you are going through a tough spot right now. I hope that you will continue to post on any forums here that strike your interest or amusement. This is a safe place to come and mingle with others who understand, I think that you will find it a place of comfort, as I have. Peace new friend. 🕊

Welcome Smallbike! You have a lot of courage to hang in there with all you are going through. Glad that you reached out and found us. Looking forward to hearing more from you. We will support you as best we can. You are not alone.

BW

9 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Hi Smallbike, welcome aboard.

What Tarantula do you have? I have a Cascada Bird Eater, Skeleton and Mexican Fireleg (amongst a hoard of other pets). I had a White Striped Birdeater as well but he passed before Christmas from Old Age. 

Hope your day is a great one

Sorry to hear about your White Striped Birdeater - hope it lived a long and happy life. Spinelli (after the character on Recess) is a Costa Rican Zebra tarantula (aphonopelma seemanni). I've had her a little over a year without a molt! I can't wait to see it when it happens. 

The fireleg sounds awesome! If I get another tarantula, I'll probably do one of the brachys (the curly hair is too cute) or a euathlus (chilean dwarf). As bad as I react to most bug bites, I don't think I'll ever risk an old world species. 

Glad to meet another tarantula person on here!

8 hours ago, silverkit said:

Hi! I'm pretty new too. Nice to meet you as well.

A cat and a tarantula? I admit I'm curious. Do they interact??

Aside from the cat occasionally noticing that there is something that moves (very occasionally), not really. The cat could easily hurt the spider and the spider could give the cat a very swollen paw. 

Edited by Smallbike