Has This Worked for Anyone?

Just went to my 1 month follow up after starting Zoloft 50mg and wondering if i made the right decision. I agreed to stick with it another month to see what happens. I just hope im still employed by then. I dont care if i get off the couch. Im letting things slide i should be doing. I have some feeling-good moments, but anxiety hasn't gotten much better, and the feeling of impending doom is likely lessened by the foggy brain i now have. At least without the meds i could force myself to get going and do something. Now im sitting here instead of doing what i should be doing.

Ugh...

Based on the other posts here, im not filled with optimism.

Anyone?

The first days and even weeks on sertraline are not fun at all. In my opinion the starting dose should be 25 mg, not 50 mg. I used sertraline a number of times but the first days are just as unpleasant even the 7th or 8th time I tried it. But I also know that it gets better once your brain gets ajusted to the drug. While probably it will never make you happy, after you get over the first weeks it tends to have some positive effects on your mood and on the symptoms of depression in general. And if it doesn't work even after 2 months, there are many other types of antidepressants that you can try.

Zoloft helped me a lot but didn't seem to be really effective until I was prescribed the maximum therapeutic dosage, which if my memory doesn't fail me, was 200mg/day.  At lower dosages it only put a floor under my depression and didn't do much for my anxiety or panic disorder.  I realize that what works for one of us doesn't always work for others.  What has worked best for me is Celexa and Buspirone in combination. Other people here on the Forums have said that Celexa didn't help them and that Zoloft was much more effective.     I sure hope you feel better soon, Steveab63 !

Thanks for the replies. The startup was relatively uneventful, except the added fatigue. The good parts are occasional at best. Seems to provide some relief, more subtle than i had hoped.

Guess ill stick with it for a while and see what happens...

• 2 months later...

It's been a couple of months now, and the depression and anxiety have improved somewhat, but the fatigue has not. The dr finally said to try 25 mg at evening instead of 50, so i guess ill try that. I dont want the bad stuff to come back, since the improvement seems pretty subtle, but I'm tired of being tired. I can sleep all day if i let myself do so.

Guess I'll see what happens....again.