Floor2017

Make It Go Away

I can remember when one of my twins got sick almost 18 years ago and one of them said daddy make this sickness go away.  I know so many of us out there wish mental illness would just go away.  Hang in there my brothers and sisters out there until a better day come.

I would like to know what it felt like to be "normal" for one day.  I go out in the world every day feeling like an alien that just arrived from another planet but somehow I make it work.  Looking back I've been mentally ill my whole life.

You reminded me of a time I was sobbing, punching my fist into the wall saying over and over again, "I'm so ****ing sick of feeling this way! When will it end?"

I was in the shower aboard a cruise ship in the Caribbean. Depression obviously didn't care that I was meant to have a vacation, it owned me from Mexico to New Orleans. I went full-Rambo on my friends, brother, sister-in-law. It's embarrassing to revisit that memory.

4 hours ago, Atra said:

You reminded me of a time I was sobbing, punching my fist into the wall saying over and over again, "I'm so ****ing sick of feeling this way! When will it end?"

I was in the shower aboard a cruise ship in the Caribbean. Depression obviously didn't care that I was meant to have a vacation, it owned me from Mexico to New Orleans. I went full-Rambo on my friends, brother, sister-in-law. It's embarrassing to revisit that memory.

Yeah, Depression just doesn't give a s.hit does it? I "had it all" so to speak (loving family, spouse, nice house, money in the bank, etc).

Didn't matter one lick.... Depression still took everything away and threw me under a bus.

It's the consummate thief, an equal opportunity affliction that doesn't discriminate against anyone.

Edited by LonelyHiker

Thanks for the uplifting words @Floor2017, definitely appreciate them.  Taking things a moment at a time, pushing through, praying and hoping for the frustrations and self criticisms and sadness to go away.  Just so tired of the feeling of hopelessness within and the feeling of worthlessness as well... pushing forward a moment at a time.  Thanks again for the pep talk!

19 hours ago, sober4life said:

I would like to know what it felt like to be "normal" for one day.  I go out in the world every day feeling like an alien that just arrived from another planet but somehow I make it work.  Looking back I've been mentally ill my whole life.

I understand my friend, but since you are a alien you can make people do what you want too,  Instead of fitting

in you get to set the standards.  I'll dance to your music.   :cheesy:

3 hours ago, LonelyHiker said:

Yeah, Depression just doesn't give a s.hit does it? I "had it all" so to speak (loving family, spouse, nice house, money in the bank, etc).

Didn't matter one lick.... Depression still took everything away and threw me under a bus.

It's the consummate thief, an equal opportunity affliction that doesn't discriminate against anyone.

I do understand my friend and I'm having to fight to keep what I have worked so hard,

to keep Depression dirty hands off of it