Hello, my name is Allie. I have been suffering from on and off anxiety/depression/OCD since at least 13 and have been taking prozac for almost a decade now. Things have actually been pretty okay lately but the feeling of dread and hopelessness can sneak up on me anywhere. I'd love to talk to anyone who is interested and hope joining helps me feel less isolated if anything. Have a good day! or a decent one at least

Good morning and welcome, Allie! I understand completely about that feeling of dread coming out of nowhere when things seem to be going well. It attacks without rhyme or reason and throws a black curtain over your world. There are lots of folks here who understand and you will find this to be a safe place to discuss anyrhing you may be experiencing. Your screen name is inspiring. When I'm in my very dark caverns of depression I try to make a list of the things that do (or once did) make me happy and attempt to muster enough energy to obtain at least one. Yesterday I tried to find me a wind chime for the back porch for that very reason. Please mill around the boards and post often, you will find that it definitely helps! Peace. ✌️🕊

Thank you for responding. I actually made this account in the summer and never posted but finally got myself to do it. Tearz I love the sound of wind chimes, they are very relaxing to me, like listening to the ocean. EntranceScar I'm sorry to hear that you suffer from intense OCD, it's an awful affliction/condition and especially difficult to explain to people. OCD is what I consider to be the root cause of most of my anxiety, I have a lot of intrusive thoughts that bother me when I'm just trying to be normal around other people. 

I actually first signed up in 2008. 2007-2010 were dreadful years. I guess I was too shy to actually post. 

I drifted away from this site. I regret not having posted. 

My first major depressive episode occurred in mid-life in 2004. I was able to control it through a prescription of Parnate and the Nardil.
Those ceased to options by 2007
I have been able to escape the ones that followed either through medication or changed circumstances. 
I have used Clonazepam for my panic disorder for many years but it had no impact on my depressive episodes.
And now considerably older I have returned seeking help with my current depressive episode. 
I am now  taking  Wellbutrin (Bupropion) and really wanted to read what others had to say about the medication. 
And I posted in the forum. 

I am happy to be participating although I certainly  never wanted so much depression and anxiety through so many years that I would feel it necessary. 

Hello, Lare45 and welcome back. Although I am sorry for your reasons for returning, I believe you will find some measure of comfort by sharing here with people who understand and fully support you. How brave you are to continue your journey to recovery! ✌️

Sorry to hear you have been feeling crappy for so long Lare45. Depression just sucks the joy out of everything and life becomes either bland at best or inhospitable at worst. I found prozac to be helpful but I am trying to stop drinking any type of alcohol as I know it can hinder the effects of medication. Hope the Wellbutrin does something for you, I started taking a small dosage of it along with the prozac not too long ago and can't tell if is affecting anything yet. 

Thank you all for your welcoming statements. Good thing there is a limit on how many times I can use one of the buttons to express myself. I need to express myself in a post rather pushing a button. On an another site I found it more anxiety-provoking to post  and usually just pushed the like button and rarely communicated my thoughts but I always knew I was being avoidant. I have the feeling right now  I am taking too much space and time.  From early childhood on I had social anxiety and in late adolescence panic disorder with agoraphobia. My depressive episodes came considerably  later in life. I suspect that if I had not been hobbled by anxiety so early in life I would never have been so beset by depression but I have other issues that I am sure contributed. (I have tried CBT therapy twice for the anxiety but I it was not helpful.) 

Edited by Lare45
Typing error