A New Look Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
sad in grand Rapids

Can't take anxiety any more

I'm  not doing very  well. I'm over valium and no longer suffer withdrawals. On the other hand my anxiety is in full blown panic mode. I went the er today because i couldn't feel my pulse. It felt very weak anyway. Every night i feel dizzy when I get up. I was told that need to drink more water. Today i basically melted down at work in front every one.    It  starting to affect my work. Also I'm in so much physical pain. I know now i need to work on anxiety much more intensely.  I was convinced my heart would stop at any moment.

David 

Hi David,

I'm sorry things are going so poorly for you.  Are there things going on in your life that are causing or contributing to your anxiety right now?  I know you've mentioned a few things in previous posts.  Anxiety is awful. 

Yes I'm in terrible pain all over. My blood pressure is high despite meds. I feel dizzy at night when standing up and docs suggestions aren't helping. I'm waiting to   hear back from doc on this. Im now worried about pad. My anxiety is so out of control i think I'm constantly about to have stroke or cardiac event.I'm even afraid to voice this because it could make it happen. I'm a therapist and meds doc. I'm working with regular doc but still feel bad. I have trip in two weeks and i need to get my conditions under control.

David 

I am so sorry that you are having all of this anxiety...I hope that you get this under control soon and that someone can help you, this is no way to live...hope that you will start to feel better very soon..=((

I am really sorry to hear you’re going theough this.  Is it possible to take some time off work so you can dedicate a little time to trying out some anxiety relief things?  

When i first started having anxiety it was as you described but I spent a lot of time reading some self help books on the subject and did a lot of cbt type worksheets. It can feel a little silly but it honestly can improve anxiety a lot and especially if you are just not in the right time or can’t afford counselling it can be a good starting point that you can work on in privacy of your home with some books checked out of the bibliotheque. There’s also a lot of free cbt resources and worksheets for free online. 

One of the most helpful is a page I have a copy of about a few different types of thinking such as black and white thinking, catastrophizing thinking etc.  Reading and learning about thinning styles really made me more conscious about it and more self aware when I was beginning to get worked up. 

Your anxietg sounds very physical, deep breathing can really stop it in its track. There’s a free app called calm and it has a little breathing bubble on it you can start  it and then it basically tells you to breathe in, hold, breathe out, hold and you can just let it guide u as long as you need.  Also guided deep breathing meditation on YouTube. 

Of course meds doc visit and counselling are essential as well.