Sign in to follow this  
KimmiYo

Hiya, I'm a Newbie in the Community!

There's a first-time for everything, and this is my first-time posting in a Depression Support Forum Community. So, here's my introduction.

I prefer to go by KimmiYo or Kimmi, I'm 25 yrs old (almost 26) and I was last diagnose with "Persistent Depressive Disorder" aka "Dysthymia" since 2016. I also suffer from Adult ADHD ( I was diagnosed with ADHD since Childhood) and Stress.

As for what brought me to wanting to post in this Forum, it's because of a recent death in my family who was basically my "Rock" and the only person who gave me comfort while I struggled through my symptoms, while my dysfunctional family wrote me off as being "Retarded" or 'Lazy".

I guess you could saying i'm turning to this forum for a community to lend a open ear and listen and give me some advice as I try to battle against my Symptoms , just like my grandmother once did; even though we would butt heads from time to time. But at this point, I really don't know what I want.

Edited by KimmiYo

Hi, we welcome you. I'm very sorry you lost a loved one who seemed to understand what you're going through. I can't imagine the pain you're enduring or how isolated you feel without that supportive person in your life.

In this community, we try to support each other. We're all struggling with symptoms of some form of mental illness and we get what it's like to be dismissed by people who are meant to care about us. We want to listen to you and accept whatever you want to share about your struggles - but we also need your help because some days, it's just too hard.

Letting go of the hurtful words of others takes time so let us offer you some validating words to keep you hopeful. You're not lazy, you're not making up reasons to be depressed and this illness isn't a reason why you should be treated poorly. You're also not alone. 

Welcome Kimmi. I’m also new here. Just try to remember you are not alone. People out there might not understand us just cause they are different. Keep talking to us and posting cos it does helps me to let it out. Ur not lazy, ur doing your best despite what you have gone through and that makes you amazing. 

Welcome new friend to our forum family.

Our goal is to not leave anyone behind in their depression cavern of despair.

We help each other find the way out of the depression trap.

Life is too short to be lost within oneself.

Stick with us and we will try not to let you down.

Oscar

14 hours ago, KimmiYo said:

There's a first-time for everything, and this is my first-time posting in a Depression Support Forum Community. So, here's my introduction.

I prefer to go by KimmiYo or Kimmi, I'm 25 yrs old (almost 26) and I was last diagnose with "Persistent Depressive Disorder" aka "Dysthymia" since 2016. I also suffer from Adult ADHD ( I was diagnosed with ADHD since Childhood) and Stress.

As for what brought me to wanting to post in this Forum, it's because of a recent death in my family who was basically my "Rock" and the only person who gave me comfort while I struggled through my symptoms, while my dysfunctional family wrote me off as being "Retarded" or 'Lazy".

I guess you could saying i'm turning to this forum for a community to lend a open ear and listen and give me some advice as I try to battle against my Symptoms , just like my grandmother once did; even though we would butt heads from time to time. But at this point, I really don't know what I want.

Welcome Kimmi and you are among family here.  I hope this DF be a blessing to you as it has been to so many of us 

I, too, welcome you!. Depression can be an illness that you didn't cause and can't control. So it's not you that is retarded or lazy. Glad that you reached out and found us. It has helped me a lot to keep coming back here, reading other's post, and posting myself. Hope you will find that helpful as well.

BW

I also want to welcome you, Kimmi.  I am so sorry for your loss.  It is so painful to lose someone who is one's rock.  Hopefully these Forums will be of some help to you.  Please consider yourself among friends here.  I am looking forward to reading your posts.     - epictetus

Welcome aboard, Kimmi.

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss and struggles. I appreciate your willingness to connect with us here. Are your seeing a therapist for your struggles? I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will surround you with His perfect, comfort, and peace. Please know that this is  a great place, and I’m sure you’ll find a lot of help and support. Stay strong and have a blessed stay. Hugs!

Hi Kimmiyo, I'm late in welcoming you. So sorry to hear of your loss and grief, it's so bewildering to lose a close loved one. You are among friends here and I hope that you will visit often. There are lots of kind souls here who will understand and support you through your tribulations. Peace. 🕊

Hi Kimmiyo,

How are you doing today?  I forgot to tell you in my last post that I like your screen name.  It is really nice.   

- epictetus