Fear of the Next Day

ArthurP

Does anyone else stay up late hours not so much because they're a night owl (though I am) but because they know the sooner they sleep, the sooner the next day comes and you have to go back into the world?

Of course this is the ultimate in self-sabotage, because the less sleep you get the worse off you're going to be the following day.

I definitely do. It doesn't help that it makes me realize how fast time seems to go. But like you said staying up only makes us less equipped to face the next day and its best to rest up. Ive been struggling a lot with sleep lately and the stress and anxiety is seeping into my dreams. Im trying my best to just learn to love sleep and leave my worries at the door. I hope things get better for you! and you should let yourself rest and have a good night sleep. You deserve some rest so you can face the next day stronger then yesterday 🙂 

I don't do this at night, but in the mornings I tend to languish in bed not wanting to face the day's bs. One of the downsides of being self-employed from home is the ability to be lazy as hell because I don't have to worry about being fired for showing up late for work, since I set my own hours. The messed up thing is that if I worked for someone else I'd be up out of bed on time every morning, instead of lying around wasting time and dreading the day. Yet I can't motivate myself some days to work, even for my own prosperity. Mondays are particularly hard for me because most of my interaction with others occurs over the weekend. Right now it feels like I'm living in a jello world that pushes down on my soul and even makes movement a trial. I truly despise Monday.

On 1/28/2019 at 5:18 PM, sober4life said:

I've been that way my whole life up until a couple of years ago where I decided if every day is going to be awful I might as well just go to bed and get good sleep.  I used to fear every day.  Now I just don't care anymore.

Damn. Wish I could learn that.

Every night basically, I sit up worrying and full of anxiety of what misery I’m going to deal with at work the next day. Sometimes only getting 4 hours of sleep. Not healthy and I don’t know how to stop this. It’s already starting right now since I have to work tomorrow, ugh.

On 1/29/2019 at 12:04 AM, Mr Bighead said:

I don't do this at night, but in the mornings I tend to languish in bed not wanting to face the day's bs...

...The messed up thing is that if I worked for someone else I'd be up out of bed on time every morning, instead of lying around wasting time and dreading the day. Yet I can't motivate myself some days to work, even for my own prosperity.

Same for me I love to fall asleep it’s the only escape I have after the end of a tiring day, but I’ll end up waking Super early and just lay in bed for hours not able to get up but wide awake just dreading the day. 

It doesn’t matter that I need to work, I can still wake up early and stay wide awake but in bed. 

I suppose lately I've been touting pharmacological solutions b/c I'm finally finding things that work for my body.  Specifically, the Prozac has quieted my mind (while Paxil and Zoloft were completely ineffective).  It's easier to manage thoughts.

Secondly, 25mg Trazodone has helped with the anxiety and sleeping.  fwiw, Ambien was the worst damn thing I tried.  It shot my anxiety through the roof and didn't wear off for more than 24 hours.  That was a day in hell.

On 2/2/2019 at 8:55 PM, LonelyHiker said:

Nope....sleep is one of the few things I look forward to anymore.

Same here. Sleep is sort of like the next best thing to death, even though I don't necessarily wish to die, only to get rid of the pain. When I get up in the morning (or afternoon or even whenever), I often think to myself that I can't wait till I can get into bed again. Somehow this helps, since the hours in the day aren't all that many when you think about it.

On 2/2/2019 at 8:55 PM, LonelyHiker said:

Nope....sleep is one of the few things I look forward to anymore. 

Yeah, waking up sucks, but I'd rather not be exhausted on top of that...

Plus, there's always the slim chance that I WON'T wake up...

I like to sleep.  It is one of the few times that my consciousness is off.