Trazodone 200 mg for me. Sometimes a Xanax 1 mg if needed, but rarely if ever. Sometimes I take some natural supplements with it.

I have tried temazepam, lorazepam, clonazepam, mirtazipine, trazodone, zolpidem, hydroxyzine, quetiapine, and gabapentin. Since I have middle/late insomnia, a low dose of clonazepam taken around 2 am has worked best so far. But they all have drawbacks.

8 hours ago, John_in_SF said:

I have tried temazepam, lorazepam, clonazepam, mirtazipine, trazodone, zolpidem, hydroxyzine, quetiapine, and gabapentin. Since I have middle/late insomnia, a low dose of clonazepam taken around 2 am has worked best so far. But they all have drawbacks.

Have you tried doxepin (Sinequan) for that? It is supposed to be good for middle/late insomnia but not so great for sleep induction.

7 hours ago, mikl_pls said:

Have you tried doxepin (Sinequan) for that? It is supposed to be good for middle/late insomnia but not so great for sleep induction.

No, haven't tried that yet. It's not a benzo, is it? My current pdoc will not give me benzos.

On 5/13/2019 at 9:06 AM, John_in_SF said:

No, haven't tried that yet. It's not a benzo, is it? My current pdoc will not give me benzos.

No, doxepin is a tricyclic antidepressant (TCA).

I take everything they prescribed me, plus CBD oil, a spoon of honey and still have erratic sleep. (Zopiclone, Seroquel, duloxetine, buspar and clonazepam)

The biggest influence I have found is not the meds so much as my routine before bed, which sometimes starts pretty early on. No coffee after midday, not much sugar after 18:00, meditation for 30 minutes, read something and fall asleep. Staying asleep for me is the problem, so back to meditation and read, rinse, repeat....

12 minutes ago, MargotMontage said:

Mmmm, I love cereal before bed! It's so comforting. Especially Froot Loops, Cocoa Pops, and Lucky Charms.

Yes it works.  Most people I tell that I eat cereal right before bed think I'm nuts but it absolutely works.  The sugar calms my anxiety and quiets my mind so I can get sleep.

I use guided mediation for sleep. Works for me.

If the RA is really painful, I'll take Tylenol PM, which helps with sleeping through the pain