Why???

cherryapplez2020

1 hour ago, Devlinkyla said:

Why do people have to hurt each eather?? I have been thinking on this for the last few days...

It's reality. World peace is impossible. A place without war and harm is impossible. Like what @LonelyHiker said: that's what humans do. It's how humanity works. We can't understand each other or we do things to each other for amusement or entertainment. Something to get a good laugh out of.

Some people think that seeing animals or other people suffer is hilarious. While others just take it out because it's something that's taken complete control or has been bottled up inside for a long time. In some cases, people think harm is the only way to make other people understand how they feel.

It various from person to person. But humans are complicated to understand. That's why most people say man is the main reason why the Earth is dying. We ARE the cause of climate change and the ******* of our ocean afterall.

1 hour ago, MaepleSyrup said:

It's reality. World peace is impossible. A place without war and harm is impossible. Like what @LonelyHiker said: that's what humans do. It's how humanity works. We can't understand each other or we do things to each other for amusement or entertainment. Something to get a good laugh out of.

Some people think that seeing animals or other people suffer is hilarious. While others just take it out because it's something that's taken complete control or has been bottled up inside for a long time. In some cases, people think harm is the only way to make other people understand how they feel.

It various from person to person. But humans are complicated to understand. That's why most people say man is the main reason why the Earth is dying. We ARE the cause of climate change and the ******* of our ocean afterall.

*K.i.l.l.i.n.g

Forgot the censorship on the last part. Apologies if it seemed like a curse word

20 minutes ago, BeyondWeary said:

I think of the saying that hurt people, hurt people. There are a lot of hurting people out there and if they don’t deal with their issues, the pain has to come out somehow. It is usually to the people closest to them. 

BW

Well said my friend 

Becuase you are a better person than they are - it's really that simple. Imo delibertly hurting someone else is never ok. Hurting someone unintentionally is a different thing entirely. Some people lash out at others in their pain and some, like me, tend to lash out and blame themselves. I don't think that people are inherently or universally jerks - but we all act like it sometimes. Neither do I hold the utopian belief that all people are inherently good. What we all are is inherently human and we are all broken in our own ways. It is my experience that the cruelest among us are often those on the most denial about their brokeness. Whenever they are faced with their own failings, they blame the other - because to acknowledge fault would be to face their own imperfections - and they are not strong enough to do that.

I'm so sorry that you got hurt ((hugs))

Excepting those born with brain damage or chromosomes that include an evil bent, people are born neither good nor bad.  And that's would be most of us.  We learn from out parents and our culture how and who to hate or mistreat, or **** in the wars.

It's an individual responsibility to change the world by trying the best you can, day by day, to not jump to judgement, not to follow your group, to discovery the bigotry in yourself, and fight that.  Not the bigotry in the groups or people you oppose.  Hate, vengeance, jealousy are what we learn.  Be aware, be honest with yourself, really honest.

This is what's called "pie in the sky" philosophy" as in "suppose they gave a war and nobody came.  Sounds impossible, naive, idealistic, but it's the only realistic way things will change.  This sense of universality has been around, in various forms over several centuries,  It never works, and I think never will,  but I try it as I am able.

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov

Worth mentioning that it's impossible to live a complete in which one never hurts anybody.

We let people down/disappoint/fail to please. We may have to tell someone we don't share their romantic feelings. We get angry and say hurtful things. We may have to end a relationship - personal, professional - that isn't good for us. 

There are many instances people hurt each other due to the complex nature of our relationships. We have to find ways to accept it. 

The human race only exists because of how good we are at surviving we killed most other hominids and other species nature is inherently violent, human nature is evil most people are dangerous predators that haven't gotten past their natural instincts to dominate and destroy. History is filled with genocides, war, dictatorships on every continent  people have to make a conscious effort to be good most people  are to lazy or don't care so they just do the bare minimum so they don't go to prison and pretend they have morals to look good and make their lifes easier.

People are terrible.  When they list my cause of death on my death certificate the cause should be listed as people.  They have destroyed me my whole life.  If I lived my whole life never meeting anyone I would probably live to be 80.  Because of the hell people have put me through I will probably die at 45.

A lot of it is also misunderstandings. Im sure you've hurt people in your life as well without wanting to. Humans are very complex and its sometimes hard for us to understand each other and because of lack of communications and misunderstandings we hurt each other a lot. But there is also a lot of good in people. It sucks because bad people and their horrible actions get our attention a lot more then Good people 

I dont think all the people that hurt us do it intentionally. We the sufferers of this depression tend to be nice caring people. We see things as hurtful to our own values. I’m working on trying to value my own actions rather than those of others, and this seems to make me feel less concerned. Something my psych recommended....

i still believe in good people.....