Sign in to follow this  
MaepleSyrup

What do you miss from your childhood?

I was a wird kid who loves scientific books and watching animations. i was alone and usully spend my spare time alone thinking and imaging.i really loved video games. I could really enjoy from a smallest good things that would happen to me.i had big plans fot future.i hated schools and that was annoying.overall i consider myself happy and full of energy when i was kid.

All the fun and imaginative games my dad, brother and I used to play outside together. Not being afraid to talk to people or ashamed of myself. How active and free-spirited I was. The freedom and ample leisure time I used to have. The ability to find pleasure in the simplest things. The fun memories my family and I made together before life got difficult.

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

Yes when I was a child I still had hope.  Even though my childhood was terrible I wasn't completely ruined like I am now.

You are a treasured member of this forum and I am sure no one would consider you "completely ruined".

You are a fixerupper like the rest of us.

We just don't and won't let each other despair.

Oscar

50 minutes ago, Oscar K said:

You are a treasured member of this forum and I am sure no one would consider you "completely ruined".

You are a fixerupper like the rest of us.

We just don't and won't let each other despair.

Oscar

The truth is most of me died the day mom died maybe all of me died that day.  We were 2 people that were in very bad shape our whole lives that helped each other through life.  There's almost no chance either one of us would have made it in this world without the other one.  Now that she's gone it's only a matter of time until my life falls apart as well.  My life won't go or end well.  It was never going to.

4 hours ago, Oscar K said:

I am sure your mom would want you to live life to the fullest.

We all need to muddle through tragedy and get some joy in this troubling world.

Lean on us as much as you want.

We really do care.

Oscar 

She would want that but there is no life without her and no reason to care now that she's gone.  There aren't any words that will bring her back.  I'll never see her again because I don't believe in an afterlife.  If there is a heaven I sure don't deserve to go there.  

I honestly miss being a kid and not being judged for who you are or what you wore. I miss doing a lot of crazy things and getting away with it because "I was just a kid." I miss not being constantly stressed about something

The big dipper man. He drove around in a truck in the apartments we lived in. He sold sour pickles, hot dogs, sherbet ice cream cones,  slap stix, candy necklaces, and lots more. I remember never having any money to get anything most of the time because dad was a evil asshole.

Posted (edited)

I miss BORDERS book stores, especially it’s store in Orland Park, Illinois. I was there at least once a week, most times more, between the ages of 13 and 22. I have many happy memories associated with being there. They used to have the greatest cinnamon buns, chai tea lattes and mango smoothies. I would spend hours in there. It was my favorite place in the world. It was always way busier than the gleaming, brand new Barnes & Noble across the street, which still stands. 

They also didn’t overcharge on their CDs and DVDs the way B&N still does.

Edited by SqueezeWax

On 3/1/2019 at 7:44 PM, sober4life said:

She would want that but there is no life without her and no reason to care now that she's gone.  There aren't any words that will bring her back.  I'll never see her again because I don't believe in an afterlife.  If there is a heaven I sure don't deserve to go there.  

Those of us who have suffered for so long most definitely will be in heaven, including you

7 hours ago, watalife said:

The big dipper man. He drove around in a truck in the apartments we lived in. He sold sour pickles, hot dogs, sherbet ice cream cones,  slap stix, candy necklaces, and lots more. I remember never having any money to get anything most of the time because dad was a evil asshole.

We had a guy similar to that also, he sold fruits, and vegetables, fish, and other things

that the women in the neighborhood would buy off of his truck.

Sign in to follow this