Religious OCD

Is anyone here familiar with religious obsessive-compulsive disorder? I've been struggling with it for a long time. I'm not taking medication, nor am I seeing a therapist because my family is rather dysfunctional and I'm uninsured, as I can't currently work because of my physical disabilities. Is it possible to see any improvements if I try to apply cognitive-behavioral treatment on myself according to instructions from online courses and internet videos? 🤔

2 hours ago, Lucian Hodoboc said:

Is anyone here familiar with religious obsessive-compulsive disorder? I've been struggling with it for a long time. I'm not taking medication, nor am I seeing a therapist because my family is rather dysfunctional and I'm uninsured, as I can't currently work because of my physical disabilities. Is it possible to see any improvements if I try to apply cognitive-behavioral treatment on myself according to instructions from online courses and internet videos? 🤔

Anything is possible my friend if you but your heart into it.

What is Religious OCD

On 1/21/2019 at 7:58 AM, Floor2017 said:

Anything is possible my friend if you but your heart into it.

What is Religious OCD

[link removed]

Constant blasphemous mental images about God and the saints, that produce severe guilt as they are correlated to thoughts about sins from the past, and the constant need to neutralize them through good thoughts and prayer. 😭

Edited by 20YearsandCounting
remove outside link

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:08 AM, Lucian Hodoboc said:

[link removed]

Constant blasphemous mental images about God and the saints, that produce severe guilt as they are correlated to thoughts about sins from the past, and the constant need to neutralize them through good thoughts and prayer. 😭

Thanks for the information

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I had suffered from religious OCD. The thing that helped me a lot was letting the thoughts flow. If there is a blasphemous thought just go along with it, it can't harm you it is just mental garbage. God knows you are suffering from OCD and those aren't you real feelings, OCD is just garbage. I would recommend therapy, because it has helped me a lot for this particular problem, but if that is not an option try to read some books about it. I recommend Stop Obsessing by Edna Foa, its a great book and addresses the religious obsession questions you have.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/21/2019 at 5:20 PM, Lucian Hodoboc said:

I suffer from that too

What happens is wearing lockets crosses adding and removing indian gods photos make me suffer main thing is astrology 9 planets which is called as navgraha yantra

Edited by solomannn