Sign in to follow this  
Sir Robin

Anyone else here use a CPAP?

Ugh. I am about at the end of my rope. I have been trying for a month and a half to get new CPAP supplies.

As soon as my new insurance went into effect on December 1, I contacted my supplier (Lincare,) gave them my insurance information, and asked them to send my new supplies. They sent a new tube and water tank, but not what I really need, which is a new mask, cushion, and headgear. So I called back and some guy said, "Oh yeah, I show that you're eligible for all that stuff, you want me to send it?" Well what do you think, Sherlock?! So I waited and waited and still nothing came. So I called a third time and some woman told me, "Oh, we were waiting for your insurance to authorize the shipment, and they did, but no one took it off the hold. I'll take it off the hold and they'll go out today." Waited ANOTHER week and STILL nothing. Called last night, some other woman answered, put me on hold, came back and said there was only one person still in the office who could tell me what the hell was going on, and he couldn't talk to me but he would call me back. Well we all know how that goes.

Called again this morning and was told the order is apparently STILL waiting for my insurance to approve because no one there has SUBMITTED A REQUEST TO MY INSURANCE TO APPROVE IT. But she was going to email them and tell them to get on it "ASAP." I am going to call in the morning, demand a supervisor, and raise holy hell. This is ridiculous. 

Anyway... the reason I'm writing this is I'm hoping someone here can recommend a better supply company or method to get my supplies. Some other people online have told me they don't even bother with their insurance, they just buy the stuff themselves off of Amazon or eBay. I don't see why I should pay $160 a month for insurance and then not even be able to use it to get medical supplies. Help?!?!

Might help if you say what country you're in 🙂

57 minutes ago, Sir Robin said:

I don't see why I should pay $160 a month for insurance and then not even be able to use it to get medical supplies.

I've done that too, sometimes it's just not worth the battle. Though I do agree with you, you shouldn't have to. 

I use a CPAP machine. When I had to get a new mask I had to pay $100 out-of-pocket (I believe that to be the retail price, so no coverage). There seems to be so many restrictions on what and how often they will cover medical supplies. That being said, I haven't had any issues getting the supplies. I am using a company called Medigy and using Res-med products.

So far my costs with this thing has been around $700 out of pocket, when I pay close to twice that in month for insurance. 🤷‍♂️

if your in the states, i use american home patient and they are great, they send supplies automatically as i am eligible without me talking to them, if they're in your area and or can get supplies from them give them a call