Sign in to follow this  
Epictetus

Humorous names

There was a professor at my college in Rhode Island named Dr. Richard Weiner. Naturally, everyone called him D.i.c.k.* Weiner.

(*I find it funny that a once common nickname, even of a former vice president, is considered a swear on this site.)

Edited by evalynn

There was a Chinese restaurant in my hometown called House of Tung. There's a Thai restaurant around where I live now called Tum Rub. I'm sure the latter is an intentional pun, but I still have no idea about the former. 

3 hours ago, Epictetus said:

There is a lawyer in New York whose name is Sue Yoo.  

That reminds me, in elementary school we had a gym teacher named Miss Me. One day some of the kids in my class started saying, "Hey, Miss Me, did you miss me?" She started telling us about some of the funny names of her family members: Mary Me, Sue Me, Carrie Me...

On 1/15/2019 at 8:47 AM, Mark250 said:

Trump is quite a funny name.

I find some irony in the way each of its definitions are exclaiming. 

On 1/15/2019 at 9:10 AM, Ratvan said:

I work with two people that have humorous names.

Christopher Peter Bacon (Chris P Bacon)

Wayne Kerr (I thought this was a prank 1st time he called....... after a awkward disciplinary from my manager i now know its not)

Christopher P Bacon... Nice one haha.

13 minutes ago, Paris43 said:

I always thought some old fashioned names are funny, like Agnes or Blanche--8-]] 

My nans name was Blanche, me and my brother used to push her in her wheelchair screaming "CARTE BLANCHE" I'm not sure why that was so funny back then.

Sign in to follow this