Sign in to follow this  
LonelyHiker

News of the Weird

Police: Woman rides electrical cart, drinks wine from Pringles can

Walmart store front sign, Photo Date: September 30, 2009 / Cropped Photo: Walmart / CC BY 2.0 /(MGN)

Posted: Sun 4:20 PM, Jan 13, 2019

WICHITA FALLS, Texas. (News Channel 6) A Texas woman is banned from a local Walmart after allegedly driving around the parking lot while drinking wine from a Pringles can.

News Channel 6 reports police were called around 9 a.m. Friday to the Walmart on Central Freeway.

When officers arrived, employees told officers that a woman had been riding around the parking lot for hours in an electric cart with a Pringles can filled with wine.

Police found the woman at a nearby restaurant.

Employees asked officers to ban the woman from the store. No arrests were made.

PARIS HOSPITAL HALTS STOOL STUDY OVER DONOR DELUGE.  A Paris hospital which made a public appeal for stool samples for a study of intestinal diseases, said Friday it had suspended the project after being inundated by donors hoping for an easy 50 Euros...   Source:AFP

I can totally relate.

Jan. 4 (UPI) -- Rhys Howard of Perth, Australia, screamed so loudly while he was k i l l i n g a spider that police were called to his house.

A concerned resident called police after they heard Howard shouting "why won't you die?" along with a child screaming.

Howard, despite being scared of spiders, killed it using a diaper -- as his partner Kara was in the shower. His daughter, the child heard screaming, was nearby.

"The first thing I could grab was a nappy... so I was on the floor saying 'why won't you die', and screaming and my daughter was screaming in the playroom," Howard told 9News.

"I'm the man of the house," Kara joked.

Howard appeared on Australia's Today Show to describe the incident and mentioned how shocked he was to see police at his door.

Howard also said his fear of spiders comes from having one land on his head as a child.

Edited by SpiralingMind

Man rents $1,500 apartment for daughter's cats

By
Ben Hooper

Jan. 14 (UPI) -- A California man who couldn't keep his daughter's two cats in his apartment came up with a solution -- renting them their own $1,500-a-month apartment.

Troy Good, 43, said he recently moved into a new apartment where he discovered he wasn't allowed to keep Tina and Louise, the cats he adopted for his now-18-year-old daughter, Victoria Amith, who is away at college.

Good ended up renting the $1,500-a-month studio apartment behind friend Dave Callisch's San Jose home to give the cats a place to live on their own.

"They definitely have the nicest cat apartment in Silicon Valley," Good told the San Jose Mercury News.

Callisch said the cats are good tenants.

"Basically I've got two renters that don't have opposable thumbs," Callisch said. "It's actually great. They're very quiet, obviously. The only problem is they stink up the place."

Oh God, there are so many crazy news stories that take place in Florida. The last one I remember is about a man who impersonated a police officer. He pulled over this woman in her car and then instructed her to bite his genitals. (I tried to Google it just now but there are apparently so many "Florida" "bite genitals" news stories that I can't find that specific one.)

Someone in my hometown tried to steal an ATM machine.  They chained to their pickup truck and pulled it out of the sidewalk and then drove off with it.  They were caught because in dragging it behind their truck, it caused a huge shower of sparks to fly.  

Man ends up with skin infection after injecting himself with semen to cure back pain

Compiled by Marelize Wilke | Health24

17 Jan 2019, 12:47

The Irish Medical Journal recently published a case study of a 33-year-old man who injected himself with his own semen once a month to treat back pain.

According to the doctors who reported the case, the man had been complaining about a severe, sudden onset of backache after lifting a heavy steel object. The man, who had been suffering from regular bouts of backache throughout is life, decided to take matters into his own hands, purchased a hypodermic needle online and started injecting himself with his own semen.

Redness and rapid swelling

The case study reveals that the man “devised this cure without any independent medical advice”. He had been injecting himself with an undisclosed dose of semen once a month, for at least 18 months

It wasn’t until he visited the doctor after his backache didn’t subside (of course, the injections didn’t do much) when they noticed redness and rapid swelling on his forearm, the area where he injected himself. It seems that the semen had started pooling and clotting under the skin, creating a bacterial infection of the skin called cellulitis.

Over the next 24 hours, the swelling and redness progressed over his entire forearm. The man was hospitalised and received a course of intravenous antibiotics to treat the cellulitis.

No other case studies

After further investigating the case studies and other reports on this story, the exact rationale behind this bizarre DIY-treatment couldn’t be determined.

According to IMJ authors, to date there have been no other case studies in medical literature of semen being injected intravenously.

Although there is a report of the effects of semen injection into rats and rabbits, there were no cases of intravenous semen injections into humans found across the literature, authors reported.

Methods of suicide through the injection of substances such as mercury and gasoline are well reported throughout medical history, but attempting to use semen to cure back pain is a first.

Dangers of injecting yourself 

This case study was published with one mission in mind – to be educational and warn others against trying similar methods at home.

Any injections should be administered by a trained professional as using the wrong type of needle can harm the veins and skin tissue and cause bruising and scars. Injecting foreign matter into the skin poses its own set of risks, as we saw from the case study.

You also run the very small risk of creating an air embolism (an empty pocket of air) in the vein that causes blood vessels to be blocked, and that can ultimately cause a serious medical emergency and even death (this is really the worst-case scenario, as a small amount of air will not have this effect).

As for self-treatment of medical conditions, it is always wise to consult a medical professional before attempting a home remedy. 

Someone in Tennessee threw a lighted stick of dynamite at a raccoon because it was living under his house.  The raccoon grabbed the dynamite and ran and put it under the man's house.  The man's house exploded and caught fire and the raccoon got away.  

On 1/13/2019 at 8:17 PM, LonelyHiker said:

Police: Woman rides electrical cart, drinks wine from Pringles can

Walmart store front sign, Photo Date: September 30, 2009 / Cropped Photo: Walmart / CC BY 2.0 /(MGN)

Posted: Sun 4:20 PM, Jan 13, 2019

WICHITA FALLS, Texas. (News Channel 6) A Texas woman is banned from a local Walmart after allegedly driving around the parking lot while drinking wine from a Pringles can.

News Channel 6 reports police were called around 9 a.m. Friday to the Walmart on Central Freeway.

When officers arrived, employees told officers that a woman had been riding around the parking lot for hours in an electric cart with a Pringles can filled with wine.

Police found the woman at a nearby restaurant.

Employees asked officers to ban the woman from the store. No arrests were made.

I see no problem here...

In my home town, a group of teenagers broke into the zoo and vandalized the place.  The police said they might have got away with it except they made a video of the whole thing and posted it on Facebook.  They were all arrested within an hour of the posting.  

A bank robber in Michigan didn't like the photo of himself on a wanted poster that he saw in the post office so he faxed the police a better photo of himself.  His vanity resulted in his being quickly apprehended.

At a trial for arson in New York, the defendant told the judge that he was not guilty and nowhere near the fire.  When the Judge asked the defendant why he missed his first court appearance, the defendant replied:  "I was in the hospital, your Honor."  When the judge asked him why he was in the hospital, the defendant said:  "For burns and smoke inhalation."

Sign in to follow this