justpete

Abilify and Alcohol

I just started on Abilify 2mg a couple days ago, and I was wondering about people's experiences with consuming alcohol while on it. I know that the literature says to avoid alcohol while on it, and that it can intensify drowsiness and other side effects, but they say that about all of these medications. I just want to know if I can go out to the bar with my friends and have a few beers without passing out or acting erratic.

Any first hand experiences with social drinking while on the drug? Thanks!

I've had a drink while I was on Abilify... I didn't notice any side effects but did get a buzz from just one drink, not sure if that was due to Abilify or the fact that I hadn't had a drink in a very long time. Everybody is different though, even if 9 out of 10 people don't have a problem you could still experience adverse side effects. 

If you decide to drink socially do it slowly so you can gauge the effects and keep the intake to a minimum. 

If you plan on doing this on a regular basis try to keep in mind is that alcohol is a powerful depressant and can negate the positive effects you're getting from psychotropic medications...

HI   I drink on 5 mg of abilify.  But i can only last a couple hours out with friends   before i get super  tired  and have to go home. 

I am also on 40 mg of paxil