A New Look Read more... ×
Why_Is_life

Music the Greatest mental healer ever

I will say that I have avoided drugs because they seem like a cheap cop out. They appear to be a quick fix which we all know never ends well. It doesn't fix the problem but just a new hole opens up. I have found that Music is one of the only thing that has helped me overcome my struggles and the pain of defeat and life. I owe it everything. There is nothing in this universe that comes to the power of music and its healing capabilities. It's helped me search for the root cause of my suffering. It's always been there. 

Edited by Why_Is_life

10 hours ago, Why_Is_life said:

I will say that I have avoided drugs because they seem like a cheap cop out. They appear to be a quick fix which we all know never ends well. It doesn't fix the problem but just a new hole opens up.

What drugs are you talking about?

10 hours ago, Why_Is_life said:

There is nothing in this universe that comes to the power of music and its healing capabilities.

Is that so? 

I'm happy for you that music has made such an important difference in your life. It's important to me, too. It's healing capabilities - not the most powerful, not in this universe anyways. You need not overstate your case to make a point about the impact music had on your life. 

Music sure is a great source of calm, or relaxation, or maybe just comfort with headphones on shutting out the rest if the world. My experience is that it helps me whilst Im listening but has no long term effects to carry me through the rest of the day. I can wear pods all day. I've noticed that music that I loved last year even, I cannot listen to now as it triggers completely different reactions. Im pretty much down to Bhudda music, soothing sea and forest sounds, and specific guided meditations for help. 

I cant go to concerts anyway as there are too many people and I leave. Had tickets for the foo fighters and Guns n Roses last year and wasted them both.

I personally do not how I would make it without music to listen too..it always calms me down when I am anxious or angry about something and I always like to celebrate different things with music---I think the world would be a very dull place without music!! I like most kinds of music as well, my favorite is heavy metal though....8-]]]

you could have had my tickets if I had known...…. 400$ I just threw away.... I did see Rush and U2 last year though because a friend dragged me, and will possible see Def Leppard this year

On 1/13/2019 at 12:52 PM, Extremebeginner said:

Music sure is a great source of calm, or relaxation, or maybe just comfort with headphones on shutting out the rest if the world. My experience is that it helps me whilst Im listening but has no long term effects to carry me through the rest of the day. I can wear pods all day. I've noticed that music that I loved last year even, I cannot listen to now as it triggers completely different reactions. Im pretty much down to Bhudda music, soothing sea and forest sounds, and specific guided meditations for help. 

I cant go to concerts anyway as there are too many people and I leave. Had tickets for the foo fighters and Guns n Roses last year and wasted them both.

You see music helps calm anyone. From a scientific pov I think it's the harmonies/frequencies and are the same frequencies as humming or whistling that sooths the pain. I think it goes back to early childhood when we are all crying and our mother comforts us.

On 1/13/2019 at 6:01 AM, Atra said:

What drugs are you talking about?

Is that so? 

I'm happy for you that music has made such an important difference in your life. It's important to me, too. It's healing capabilities - not the most powerful, not in this universe anyways. You need not overstate your case to make a point about the impact music had on your life. 

Any sort of substance abuse. To me, they work chemically to enhance the brain but music to me does the same thing but it's way more potent. The deepness of love which to me is what is extremely pure and so rare to see in today's world.

Article 'Healing Through Music' on health dot harvard dot edu

Edited by 20YearsandCounting
remove link

Music has always helped me when I'm down, or needed motivation. Another really odd thing is that, listening to depressing music while depressed actually makes me feel better.
I am metal/post hardcore/rock type music listener, but I have all types of music from country to rap. I usually can't focus on something while I'm listening to music as it grabs my full attention, but lately as I'm having more focusing issues, I suddenly have this super-power. Recently, I've done something I thought I'd honestly never do, and that is listen to worship music while I work. It seems to lift my mood without my full concentration.

I think we all change as our life progresses,  soits natural that we  are relaxed by different genres of music. I am not really religious, but have listined to some stuff online by various preachers, orientated to anxiety or stress or whatever. Good for for you. I think its positive news

sometimes i wish i was a stoner cuz feeling bad is bad but i can completely relate. music makes me feel amazing and i love it and if i have to go a day without it i feel crazy

2 hours ago, ItsNeverEnough said:

Music has always helped me when I'm down, or needed motivation. Another really odd thing is that, listening to depressing music while depressed actually makes me feel better.
I am metal/post hardcore/rock type music listener, but I have all types of music from country to rap. I usually can't focus on something while I'm listening to music as it grabs my full attention, but lately as I'm having more focusing issues, I suddenly have this super-power. Recently, I've done something I thought I'd honestly never do, and that is listen to worship music while I work. It seems to lift my mood without my full concentration.

Music is just music. It doesn't matter if it's religious or not. It matters of how it makes you feel.

Yeah music is great I think. Both listening to music or making it.  I used to be a drummer back in the day, and playing my drum set gave me a way to embrace whatever happiness or forget whatever sadness I was feeling at the time.  Very occasionally I would even collaborate with my musically inclined friends, those were good times 🙂   A couple of them still make music to this day.  

Listening to music though, is my main way of enjoying it.  I listen to lots of music across many genres and can't really imagine my life without it.  So for me, yeah music is great and is a healer.