Hi everyone,
I am 30 years old, married, with two kids. I've suffered from depression and anxiety since childhood. I've never been one to talk about my emotions, especially publicly, and lately I choose not to discuss my issues because it only seems to cause stress on other people. I find comfort in some anonymity and hope I can share my issues here and maybe receive some advice and give any I have (if at all helpful).

Welcome ItsNeverEnough!

I can promise you that you have found a safe place here; to express yourself, your feelings, your fears. I have found DF to be filled with wonderful people, who truly wish to help in any way that they can. Have a look around, and don't be afraid to jump on in. There are many different topics being discussed and shared, plenty of advice, and even some fun!

I wish you all the best xo

1 hour ago, ItsNeverEnough said:

Hi everyone,
I am 30 years old, married, with two kids. I've suffered from depression and anxiety since childhood. I've never been one to talk about my emotions, especially publicly, and lately I choose not to discuss my issues because it only seems to cause stress on other people. I find comfort in some anonymity and hope I can share my issues here and maybe receive some advice and give any I have (if at all helpful).

Welcome, my friend to the forum and I am looking forward to reading your posts.

Please feel free to read and respond to any posts that intrigues you.

I, too, welcome you! I like your user name. Made me smile as I can relate to no matter how hard I try it's never enough to feel normal and enjoy life instead of feeling like I'm just surviving, sometimes barely. Is that why you chose it or is there another reason? 

Glad that you reached out and found us. Hope you keep coming back, reading, and posting. It will help. You are not alone.

BW

Hi ItsNeverEnough,

I want to join the others here in welcoming you to the Depression Forums.  Hopefully you will find this site as helpful to you as it has been to me.  Like you, I find that discussing my issues with those who do not understand is not helpful.  - epictetus

Thank you everyone for the kind welcome! I am so glad I found this forum.

21 minutes ago, BeyondWeary said:

I, too, welcome you! I like your user name. Made me smile as I can relate to no matter how hard I try it's never enough to feel normal and enjoy life instead of feeling like I'm just surviving, sometimes barely. Is that why you chose it or is there another reason? 

BeyondWeary, that is exactly what it means! It seems like I'm never content with my life. Its so hard to just enjoy what you have and relax, even when you know you should. It's never enough for me.

Hello!

I found myself in the same position, not being able to really open up to others about my situation.  For one, its hard to talk too others that play like they have it all together. Two, people really don't want to listen because their doing all the talking about their life. Three, most people lack empathy. Welcome!

2 minutes ago, Epictetus said:

How are you doing today, ItsNeverEnough?

Hi Epictetus, thanks for reaching out.

I am doing better today than I was few days ago. Mainly due to what I believe was the discontinued use of a new medication I was prescribed which was causing me anxiety. Something that was suppose to supplement my current medication was actually heightening the problems to where I was before I took any meds at all. Consequently, it may have caused me to be more outspoken or social, and so I'm hoping that is something I can keep. 
I feel like I am almost back to my normal self and I am holding to a good outlook for the new year. Odd years have always treated me better, so I hope that stays true.

1 hour ago, ItsNeverEnough said:

Hi Epictetus, thanks for reaching out.

I am doing better today than I was few days ago. Mainly due to what I believe was the discontinued use of a new medication I was prescribed which was causing me anxiety. Something that was suppose to supplement my current medication was actually heightening the problems to where I was before I took any meds at all. Consequently, it may have caused me to be more outspoken or social, and so I'm hoping that is something I can keep. 
I feel like I am almost back to my normal self and I am holding to a good outlook for the new year. Odd years have always treated me better, so I hope that stays true.

Hope this year be the year for all of us my friend.  Keep all of your dreams, admiration and hopes alive for this year 

On 1/15/2019 at 3:20 PM, Epictetus said:

Hi ItsNeverEnough,

How's it going today.  I'm feeling a little better than I was yesterday.  How are you doing?  - epictetus

I missed this! Hope you are feeling even better than before.

I'm having pretty bad aniexty today. Almost tempted to try anything to stop it, so alcohol comes to mind. Not an addict but I'm trying to avoid it. So the fight continues. Just started another medication. Couldn't get fast enough, who knows how long it will take, days, weeks, months, who knows. Feeling really bitter towards people. I feel like I'm surrounded by idiots and I'm snapping. Don't want to jeopardize anything, but anger provides some relief albeit temporary.

I go from stable to unstable too quickly it feels. Praying for some help.

Hi. Sorry you're frustrated, I know how anxiety amplifies every difficult emotion and it is hard to express those emotions constructively. I'm glad you've decided to get some of what's bothering you out of your head here on the forums. I hope it's helpful, if only temporarily. 

Have you got a therapist you can talk to regularly? For my condition, medication helped reduce some symptoms, relieved some others  but therapy proved to be more effective for long-term help. 

Hi ItsNeverEnough,

I'm so sorry you are suffering bad anxiety.  People who have not been afflicted with anxiety have no idea how awful and how debilitating it is.  My heart goes out to you ! ! !   - epictetus