Sign in to follow this  
psycholuigiman

A Nice Post For a Change

I usually only ever come here when I'm feeling like crap. I wanted to not do that for once though. So I guess I'll just say I'm doing alright for now. Things don't feel so awkward between my ex and I. I get along with her fiance on a pretty normal basis. I'm spending time with my friends whenever they have time. I'm waking up early in the morning to see my dad off to work and apparently he really appreciates the extra company in the morning even though my mom is always there for him too. Because of that, my sleep schedule is actually decent a lot of the time lately. Doc said I'm very healthy, but could use some more exercise to raise my good cholesterol. Older brother has been keeping me on a manageable workout regiment.

I mean, I'm still jobless, not even in the process of going back to school like I should, not confident in my future, pretty sure I'll not ever have the kind of family life I always wanted, but things used to feel a lot worse. I probably shouldn't tempt fate like this, but maybe one day I'll manage to put all my doubts and inhibitions behind me so I can finally make a sustainable life for myself.

Hi PshcyMan,

Sounds like you have already attained a "sustainable" life to me.  I gave up trying to get all my ducks in a row some time ago, and I feel much better.  I had a counselor once who told me we actually have very few choices in life, that is, what we eat, and how we respond to others.  I don't have 100% control of either of those--I only eat once a day. 

Relationships wax and wane, but you're in good shape, and have a potential future. 

Thanks for the positive post, keep on truckin'.

Bulgakov

Thanks for the encouragement.

I mean, I guess this is sustainable in the sense that I get to eat and sleep comfortably every day. What I want though is to get to a point where if, God forbid, something terrible happens to my parents, I'll still be able to live comfortably. It's rough when ya keep getting older, but are still completely dependent on your parents to let you live with them. Sure, I use what the government gives me for disability pay to help with some of the bills, the rest I save for later. Like, I know I'm not a total leech or a burden. It's just, I can't help thinking about the future and how screwed I would be in every sense of the word if I didn't have both of my parents. That's all I mean. That's just a worst-case scenario though. Like I said, hopefully I'll get my act a little more together than not at all someday. At least it doesn't seem as impossible as it did back before I got a bachelor's degree.

WOW--I understand you totally because I am in a very similar situation...I just admire the fact that you are feeling better about yourself---Is excellent you got your bachelor's degree---May I ask what you got your degree in?? 8-]]] 

On 1/11/2019 at 12:54 PM, Paris43 said:

WOW--I understand you totally because I am in a very similar situation...I just admire the fact that you are feeling better about yourself---Is excellent you got your bachelor's degree---May I ask what you got your degree in?? 8-]]] 

I got my bachelor's in psychology.