Sign in to follow this  
Paris43

*Favorite Quotes* 8-]]

On 1/8/2019 at 2:29 PM, Paris43 said:

I am just wondering if any of you have a witty or funny quote you would like to share---or any other quotes you can think of that are good!! One of my favorite quotes is:  "You can't polish a turd"!! Any thoughts?? 8-]]] 

Yours is so funny!!

Here's my fav:  

A Streetcar Named Desire

Blanche DuBois: But some things are not forgivable. Deliberate cruelty is not forgivable! It is the one unforgivable thing, in my opinion, and the one thing of which I have never, never been guilty.

"Good judgement is the result of experience and experience is the result of bad judgement."   -- Mark Twain.

"Truth either really exists or it doesn't exist.  If it exists, then it exists.  But if it doesn't exist, then it is true that it doesn't exist and therefore truth exists.  So whether truth exists or doesn't exist:  truth exists."     - Saint Augustine

"Astronomically speaking, man is totally insignificant.  No.  Astronomically speaking, man is the astronomer."  - Albert Einstein

“Loneliness does not come from having no people around you, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to you.” 

- Carl Jung

It works for me to believe this is an illness that needs medication and treatment and it makes my life better. If it's better for you that you have an alternative way of being and you're happy and you're functional or happy enough, all the more power to you. So it's sort of a very individual thing. 

- Elyn Saks, law professor, Ph.D in psychoanalytic science and lives with schizophrenia 

Sign in to follow this