Paris43

*Favorite Quotes* 8-]]

“First the body. No. First the place. No. First both. Now either. Now the other. Sick of the either try the other. Sick of it back sick of the either. So on. Somehow on. Till sick of both. Throw up and go. Where neither. Till sick of there. Throw up and back. The body again. Where none. The place again. Where none. Try again. Fail again. Better again. Or better worse. Fail worse again. Still worse again. Till sick for good. Throw up for good. Go for good. Where neither for good. Good and all.”

- Samuel Beckett, Worstward, Ho!

"So, what do you do when you're too big, in a world where bigness is cast not only as aesthetically objectionable, but also as a moral failing? You fold yourself up like origami, you make yourself smaller in other ways, you take up less space with your personality, since you can't with your body. You diet. You starve, you run till you taste blood in your throat, you count out your almonds, you try to buy back your humanity with pounds of flesh."

- Lindy West, Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman

As a farmer I know that when an animal is sick sometimes the right thing to do is to put it out of its misery. With the electricity we are using to keep Meredith alive, we could power a small fan for two days. You tell me what’s unethical - Dwight Schrute 

POZZO 
(Lyrically) The tears of the world are a constant quantity. For each one who begins to weep, somewhere else another stops. The same is true of the laugh. (He laughs.) Let us not then speak ill of our generation, it is not any unhappier than its predecessors. (Pause.) Let us not speak well of it either. (Pause.) Let us not speak of it at all. (Pause. Judiciously.) It is true the population has increased...

- Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot, Act I

On 5/16/2019 at 1:48 PM, Lorax said:

“Before I do anything I ask myself, ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if the answer is yes, I do NOT do that thing.”

- Dwight Schrute

The Office is endlessly quotable, isn't it? Here's a couple of my faves;

"I'm very flattered that I was his second choice after "pass"."  -- Ryan the Temp

"I got them a toaster. They called off the wedding and gave the toaster back to me. I tried to return the toaster to the store, and they said they no longer sold that kind of toaster. So now my house has two toasters."  -- Stanley (the Manly)

[Social anxiety laid bare I 💜 this quote:]

“Please don't talk to me. Not because I don't want to talk to you, but because I can't lose the rest of the day to replaying the conversation, looking for the places I said something stupid and caused you not to like me.”  - Mental Illness Happy Hour podcast