Paris43

*Favorite Quotes* 8-]]

"'Finding yourself' is not really how it works, you're not a 10 dollar bill in last winters coat pocket. You are also not lost. Your true self is right there, buried under cultural conditioning, other people's opinions and inaccurate conclusions you drew as a kid that became your beliefs about who you are.

'Finding yourself' is actually returning to yourself - an unlearning, an excavation, a remembering who you were before the world got its hands on you.
-- Emily McDowell 

"There's so much pain beyond this steeple- wars and drugs and homeless people. Sadness where there should be joy. Hate and rape and Soulja Boy. A world in darkness needs your light so I know your schedule's pretty tight... but my dog just had leg surgery, so if you could fix that first..." - Bo Burnham

I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
Elie Wiesel

“I always say that football is my platform, not my purpose. I believe my purpose is to serve as an example for people who are suffering from mental illness — to show them that it’s O.K. to seek help.”

“Today, I write in my journal daily and I often speak publicly about BPD and mental health, sharing my story in hopes of giving others the courage to seek the help they need. When I speak, there is one passage from my journal that I often go back to:
My pain and sadness give me my strength.
My strength ruins my mind, body and soul.
I’ve been trapped all my life.
Not by man or cages
But by my own emotions.
Where I’ve been by traveling inside myself
Can be summed up by one word —
Damn.
Pain manifests itself into peace and growth….
Only when you deal with the root of it the right way.

I wrote that after a two-hour session with my doctor." 

- Brandon Marshall, NFL football player, co-founder of Project 375 foundation, BPD, depression, multiple arrests, outpatient program, group therapy, diary, support system, advocacy work

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:02 PM, evalynn said:
I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
Elie Wiesel

I strongly agree with you and I'm not One to sit back and say nothing.  Especially, when I have proof

of what someone is doing is wrong.

1 hour ago, Floor2017 said:

I strongly agree with you and I'm not One to sit back and say nothing.  Especially, when I have proof

of what someone is doing is wrong.

if it's wrong it's wrong regardless of who you are

And after waiting, fighting patiently on my knees, all the other stuff tired itself out first, not me. And in its wake appeared the touch and call of a different breed. One who set to get me wise, got me there, and then got me. -Fiona Apple (Oh, Sailor)