Paris43

*Favorite Quotes* 8-]]

"Four of my friends felt the same way I did, and everyone was too embarrassed to talk about it; they thought everyone would think they were a bad mom, and it’s not the case. It makes you a better mom if you give yourself a better time."

- Adele, singer/songwriter, Postpartum/Postnatal Depression, anxiety, depression, therapy, talking with other mothers and self-care

This is from a friend of mine.  A guy in his early forties when I knew him in late 60s.  He's the only guy I ever knew who "turned on, tuned in, and dropped out."  He was a regular guy, took acid, went to a Moody Blues concert, and dropped out.  I've never exactly heard this anywhere else, and do suspect it was his.  No offense to anyone.

"Every breath you take is a prayer . . . as a matter of fact, breathing is about the best prayer you've got going for you."    Byron Smith

Edited by Bulgakov
editing never ends

“Some of the best or easiest people to speak to is a shrink - someone you’ve never met before. You sit down on the sofa and say listen, I don’t actually need your advice can you just listen? And you just let it all rip. I’ve done that more than a couple of times. It’s great, I can’t believe I’d never done it.”

- Prince Harry, British royal family, unattended grief, talk therapy and mental health advocacy

Outlaw Josie Wales, meeting the infamous war chief Ten Bears.  Surrounded by Ten Bear's warriors, speaks his words of Life, and his words of Death, saying his words of life will include sharing his land and the critters that roam it with the Comanche:

Ten Bears: These things you say we will have, we already have.
Josey Wales: That’s true. I ain’t promising you nothing extra. I’m just giving you life and you’re giving me life. And I’m saying that men can live together without butchering one another.  (touted as the best short scene in the movie, it's googleable.)

Bulgakov

“Weight is still a struggle. Every video I’m in, every magazine cover, they stretch you — they make you perfect. It’s not real life … I’m gonna say this about girls: The dieting wars have got to stop. Everyone just knock it off. Because at the end of the day, it’s affecting kids your age. And it’s making girls sick.”

"I have some sort of anxiety, depression, something that’s changed my whole life. I take antidepressant medication for it. I have tried to get off of it, my doctor always tells me not to, that it’s not safe for me to. Whenever I’ve tried to I’ve gotten very neurotic, manic, sick."

- Lady Gaga, musician, actress, founder of Born This Way Foundation. PTSD, bulimia, anorexia, depression, anxiety, rape survivor

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade..Just heard this one on my soap opera that I like to watch...8-]]

“Well, for the past 40 years I’ve had auditory hallucinations in my head, all day every day, and I can’t get them out. Every few minutes the voices say something derogatory to me, which discourages me a little bit, but I have to be strong enough to say to them, “Hey, would you quit stalking me? F*** off! Don’t talk to me—leave me alone!” I have to say these types of things all day long. It’s like a fight.”

- Brian Wilson, musician, founding member of the Beach Boys. Bipolar Schizoaffective Disorder, addiction, medication, therapy, meditation, music

“Clinical depression is just a terrible place to be. It’s that absence of feeling and it’s even the absence of hope that you can feel better. It’s so difficult to describe depression to someone who’s never been there because it’s not sadness, sadness is not a bad thing - to cry and to feel. But it’s that cold absence of feeling, that really hollowed-out feeling. That’s what the Dementors are."

“I have never been remotely ashamed of having been depressed. Never. What’s there to be ashamed of? I went through a really tough time and I am quite proud that I got out of that. It’s a lot of work, it’s not a passive thing, counselling, you’ve got to work with that person.”

- JK Rowling, author of the Harry Potter series, Clinical Depression, suicidal ideation, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy