Mylan not making bupropion anymore! Help me find an alternative.

I also switched to Mylan bupropion XL, twice a day, but after two weeks something went wrong. In the beginning it was working pretty well, but, suddenly I began to lose weight. Has anyone of you experienced it? It's really strange. Anyway, I'm considering to combine it with one of these anabolic steroids https://www.acnm-online-pharmacy-usa-store.com, in order to fight the weight loss effects of bupropion. As far as I know, they shouldn't interfere with each other, so hope it will work well. However, if you have any other suggestions, just let me know. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Toji

• 3 months later...

I finally screwed up by courage and tried the Wellbutrin 300XL.  For a while, I took an extra 100mg of Mylan SR bupropion, since I have been taking 400mg total of Mylan bupropion daily (200 twice a day).  None of the terrible side effects I feared (like the horrible constipation from the Sandoz generic bupropion) materialized.  The brand name Wellbutrin was a dream compared to any of the generics.  For the FDA to say that the generics are bio-equivalent is a joke.  The 300mg XL worked so well, that I stopped taking the extra 100mg SR.  I was worried that the XL would interfere with sleep, but it hasn't been a problem.  As a precaution, though, I take the 300mg XL when I wake in the middle of the night.  I have no problem going back to sleep or with it causing me to wake early.  I know that by taking it at 3am, by the next evening I'll be coming down enough to sleep.  It may be a purely psychological effect, but it's working for me.  I was lucky in that my doctor was able to get my insurance company to pay for the brand name Wellbutrin.  I guess is wasn't that hard for him, because he had a record of all the different generics I had tried (and I really tried them!) and the terrible side effects I had with all of them.  I just have to hope that my insurance company will continue to cover the brand name Wellbutrin and that the company will continue to make it.  It's the only antidepressant that has ever worked for me.  I thought that anyone that happened across this thread might like to know how this story ended.  I still take 20mg of Saffron daily (sometimes 40mg) and that helps boost my spirits, especially during stressful times.  I've had no trouble stopping Saffron (I tried to see if I would experience withdrawal - I didn't).  

Good luck to all of you.  I've been where you are.  I may be there again.  I just try to keep putting one foot in front of the other.