Sign in to follow this  
20YearsandCounting

How Do You Feel Right Now #10

3 hours ago, watalife said:

Wondering if anyone here calls their friends of family members "dummy" on a regular basis.

Is this normal?

Well, it was for me, when I was a child and teenager, and its effects still haunt me today.  But it ain't right.  No siree!!!  You don't deserve that kind of unconscious, hateful treatment! And you can take that to the bank!!! 

4 hours ago, MarkintheDark said:

Resigned to things never getting better.

Hugs, Mark. I won't say they will get better.  But I do know that they can!!!

BTW - I'm so glad you're here on this forum with us.  You are such a help to us all.  And that's the truth!

4 hours ago, watalife said:

Wondering if anyone here calls their friends of family members "dummy" on a regular basis.

Is this normal?

idk about "normal," per se, and I've found it depends on the context of our relationship.  One of my best friends is a Brit who's a brain cancer survivor.  We've shared our deep fears, etc., with each other about our respective conditions and treatments, particularly as we've waited on test results.  We've both had occasion to be scared...a lot.

In typical British fashion, we often needle each other endlessly, often to the horror of those in earshot.  Those from the Common Countries have a glossary of insults I can't begin to match.  But that comes from genuine affection for each other.

I'm back and I guess thats a sign that things have gone down hill again. An update the last time I was here, I was stressed with starting my final semester and looking for a job after quitting the previous one in December. I recently found a job a few weeks ago so I'm happy. It's very minimal stress and it reminds me of my last two jobs, like a hybrid of the two. Which is good because I need as little stress as possible in my life. But here we are again. I've recently discovered that I will be a class short of graduating. The standard practice is that I would be able to walk during the ceremony but just not be able to actually graduate until I finish that class. It amazes me that the same thing I was stressing over last summer is the exact same thing I'm dealing with now, trying to finish school and with the fact that I have to find a new place to live because of my lease. I've only just started working and it will be hard to save up for a new place in such a short amount of time. All of this would be helpful if my parents would answer any of my text messages or phone calls (mainly my mother). So stressing out is an understatement. I start thinking, is it worth even trying to finish school? I have family flying in from out of state to see me graduate and the stress of knowing that it won't even be REAL in that moment is all the worse. I've thought about ending my life at the end of the month. It'll be quick and make all of this stop hurting so damn much. 

6 hours ago, MarkintheDark said:

idk about "normal," per se, and I've found it depends on the context of our relationship.  One of my best friends is a Brit who's a brain cancer survivor.  We've shared our deep fears, etc., with each other about our respective conditions and treatments, particularly as we've waited on test results.  We've both had occasion to be scared...a lot.

In typical British fashion, we often needle each other endlessly, often to the horror of those in earshot.  Those from the Common Countries have a glossary of insults I can't begin to match.  But that comes from genuine affection for each other.

It's very true, the worse the terms used the closer you are as people.

I love seeing how people react to my insults when they first hear them.

I'm feeling better than I did yesterday.  The rest of the week will be very hard to get through but I know how to get through it.  I know what I have to do to get through these impossible times.  This is the easiest of the next 3 days but still very hard.  If I get through the next 3 days I have a very exciting weekend planned for a change.  I'm going to do things I've always wanted to do.

1 minute ago, MarkintheDark said:

No one's more surprised than me...no anxiety attack yet this morning, despite a sleepless night.

I hope you have a happy peaceful day today my friend.  You have been through hell and it's time you have some peace.❤️

53 minutes ago, watalife said:

When the person calling you a dummy is an actual dummy, now that's a dummy!

I have a person like that in my life.  He always talks badly about others and talks about how stupid everyone else is in the beginning of our conversations and then he goes into his own opinions and beliefs and says some of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Posted (edited)

Well to tell the truth, things aren't terrible right now. Got a new car, so that was a good place to start to lift my spirits. 🙂 She's shiny and new and she smells nice, so driving doesn't suck as much! I'm on my way to another meeting. Getting back on the horse, as it were. Hmmm. We shall see. Got a text from my son so he's still alive. So there's that. Work is whatever. I could complain...but I won't. 👍

Edited by Tearz

3 minutes ago, samadhiSheol said:

Is their such a thing as luna-bi-polar?

I believe that there have been many tests and theories linking the lunar cycle to the bipolar mood cycle. Non surprisingly most came back inconclusive due to small sample size

Personally I think that there is a correlation, we didn't get the word "Lunatic" for no reason 

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

I believe that there have been many tests and theories linking the lunar cycle to the bipolar mood cycle. Non surprisingly most came back inconclusive due to small sample size

Personally I think that there is a correlation, we didn't get the word "Lunatic" for no reason 

Well..I'm not big on psychiatric labels anyhow. Call me cynical, but the more different labels they can stick on us., the more pharmaseutical crap they can impose on us.

Sorry, rant. Or begins of.

Edited by samadhiSheol

Well, I missed out on a bunch of messages in this and other threads. I don't know what's going on.

I'm trying to bring myself around. I was doing OK yesterday but I'm falling apart today. I'm so discouraged with work and the very deep rut I find myself in. I want to break loose but there are too many responsibilities in my life. I'm stuck.

I don't like where my thoughts are going...they are getting darker and darker.

49 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

Well, I missed out on a bunch of messages in this and other threads. I don't know what's going on.

I'm trying to bring myself around. I was doing OK yesterday but I'm falling apart today. I'm so discouraged with work and the very deep rut I find myself in. I want to break loose but there are too many responsibilities in my life. I'm stuck.

I don't like where my thoughts are going...they are getting darker and darker.

I'm always here for you if you need me.❤️

Worried. I just got off the phone with my dad. Apparently he called yesterday and I didn't see it. My mom was rushed to the hospital yesterday when something weird came up on her EKG. The doctor said it was nothing, just that the muscles in the right side of her heart are slower than the other side, or something. But we still don't know what's going on. She has been walking funny (leaning to the side, to the back) and not feeding herself well which is what precipitated all these tests to begin with. They want her to see a neurologist and do more tests to determine if she's in pain. She doesn't really talk much these days so you can't just ask her. My dad says the last time she was in the hospital due to choking the doctor suspected she may have Parkinson's in addition to dementia. 

I'm not ready for anything to happen to her. She can't get worse, I don't think I could take it. My mom is literally one of the best people I've ever known, she doesn't deserve this. 😞