20YearsandCounting

How Do You Feel Right Now #10

7 minutes ago, watalife said:

I need a miracle. Im getting ready to have another loss in the family . Still miss my other friend too. This is a double whammy.  So if bad things come in 3's, i wonder who's the third. Or what is the 3rd. I know a couple things it could be and there all bad. 

I’m sorry my friend and I hope you get your miracle and may the Mighty One have mercy on you and your family and friends 👬 

29 minutes ago, Floor2017 said:

I’m feeling really good I’m making Cabbage Soup 🍲 for my whole family of five.  I’m loving my Lex   🤣

I never heard of cabbage soup.🤓

It’s really good 

1 Cabbage  

1 Red onion 

1 can of rotell

1 packages of ground beef 

or chicken or the meat of your choice  

1 bag of vegetables mix

add your choice of season

3 strips of bacon 🥓 

drink plenty of water and you can lose 

about 7 to 10 pounds in a week 

4 hours ago, sober4life said:

You will get through this.  I have faith in you.:hugs:

Remarkably, as you in particular might understand, I'm doin' ok.  Found a retro video bar to take the tube TV...and the cleaning crew is tomorrow.  Meanwhile, Mark napped all afternoon.

18 minutes ago, MarkintheDark said:

Remarkably, as you in particular might understand, I'm doin' ok.  Found a retro video bar to take the tube TV...and the cleaning crew is tomorrow.  Meanwhile, Mark napped all afternoon.

Nothing like a good nap

52 minutes ago, Floor2017 said:

Today was one of those days that I felt so 

good.  I visited my mother 30 miles away and I washed clothes for work for the next five days.

Glad things are going well

Today has me feeling pretty invisible and insignificant to everyone. I don't know if its because I've been doing a lot of journaling/thinking today which can lead to overthinking or if I'm just opening my eyes to things. 🤷

1 hour ago, SouthernSolitary said:

Hopeless. I want to go to a treatment facility but have to come up with 3000 in 6 weeks to meet my deductible. 

My other IOP option is a glorified 3 hour smoke break

and last option is sober living which I dread 

I'll be honest I couldn't do any of that.  I have done all of that countless times and it never worked for me.  I eventually quit on my own thanks to the love and support of mom and the people here.  I never would have made it to this point without them.

Feeling like a pathetic, inadequate, annoyance and a chump/loser after dropping off my son at his mom's....Seems like every time I go over there, and after every custodial interaction, no matter how innocuous and/or mundane, my self-esteem (what little of it remains) slips another three notches...

Edited by LonelyHiker

11 minutes ago, salparadise6132 said:

Major issues with my daughter.  I am scared and depressed at the same time.  I don't know what to do.

I'm sorry to hear it sal : ( 

As the single father of a child with autism, I can certainly relate.

I hope things get better for both of you, my friend..

Sober, I think you will find some of your gut feelings will be right, not everyone will understand you. You will also be pleasently surprised that some will, and ut is with those people who you should focus as they can help you see clearer through all this.

good friends will support you, you’ll find them really quick

I spoke to a Doctor yesterday to test for a mental illness (or disability) everyone thinks I have. The doctor wondered why people ask if I have this mental illness because she says I don't show any signs of it.

She mentioned that I have possible OCD 😞 When she said OCD, it made sense. A lot of the symptoms describe me (including BPD but she didn't mention that yet) and I have it bad. I'm not trying to self-diagnose but it's true. I will try to get help for it soon ❤️ 

I'm a time bomb for the most part.  Life always seems to give us way more than we can handle.  My life feels like one of the Final Destination movies where I was supposed to die at some point but I didn't and life has been trying to **** me off ever since.

Feel like I need to find my second wind this morning just to make it thru the day and I'm not quite there yet.

Today I FINALLY close out Mom's apt, having found a cleaning service and even a retro video bar to take her big ol' 27" tube TV.  In Mark's world, that's nothing short of amazing.

I've actually toyed with the idea of congratulating myself on all I've accomplished on her stuff the past few months - maybe I should make a list - but I'm not quite there yet (there's still the matter of her car).  I'm actually considering finding some way to get my head readjusted from the on-call mentality - she's only been in assisted living ten days - but I'm not quite there yet.

Edited by MarkintheDark

15 hours ago, Floor2017 said:

It’s really good 

1 Cabbage  

1 Red onion 

1 can of rotell

1 packages of ground beef 

or chicken or the meat of your choice  

1 bag of vegetables mix

add your choice of season

3 strips of bacon 🥓 

drink plenty of water and you can lose 

about 7 to 10 pounds in a week 

Except for the onion, that sounds great! Maybe I can substitute garlic. I need to drop a bunch of pounds.

13 hours ago, salparadise6132 said:

Major issues with my daughter.  I am scared and depressed at the same time.  I don't know what to do.

Oh no...what's happening? You don't have to divulge too much info of course.

I hope against hope that everything comes out OK. Being a parent is a mighty tough job.