20YearsandCounting

How Do You Feel Right Now #10

23 hours ago, ladysmurf said:

i left my house for 2 hours...i pushed myself to go out....it was OK. i avoided eye contact , even with a guy who said hi to me..and i see him quite frequently... i know people deep down think i'm very b*tchy because of my anxiety. i tend to ignore people and walk fast and not talk ...and people think you are mean or rude, but only if they knew ...... i hate life as well.

This is my life story also. I can't communicate with everyone just certain people. Have you ever thought someone was scary or mean just by looking at them? 😳

1 minute ago, watalife said:

This is my life story also. I can't communicate with everyone just certain people. Have you ever thought someone was scary or mean just by looking at them? 😳

Yes, I know quite a few people like that, that have that intimidating look and if looks could ****

I'll probably been dead according to some of the looks I been given over the years. 

58 minutes ago, BeyondWeary said:

Glad it's Friday and I can recover on the weekend. It's not been too bad getting back into the work mode after 2 weeks off with being sick and the holidays. So glad things are back to the usually. 

I'm so happy for you that things started off so good for you after returning back to work. 

Hopefully things will continue to trend upper for you.

Hi Markinthedark,

"Also pretty much settled on configuring a replacement lappy after a few hours' research."

If you haven't already bought a lappy . . . I'd suggest you get one with a SDD (Solid State) hard drive, as opposed to only bit cheaper, older type SATA drive.  The SDD has no moving parts so will last longer, and is much quicker response time. 

Good Luck,

Bulgakov

1 hour ago, BeyondWeary said:

Glad it's Friday and I can recover on the weekend. It's not been too bad getting back into the work mode after 2 weeks off with being sick and the holidays. So glad things are back to the usually. 

I always say I'm going to go out during the weekend but if I have to recover every weekend because people destroyed me all week why would I want that.

1 minute ago, sober4life said:

I always say I'm going to go out during the weekend but if I have to recover every weekend because people destroyed me all week why would I want that.

Exactly! The problem is that sometimes I can be my own worst enemy.

30 minutes ago, Bulgakov said:

If you haven't already bought a lappy . . . I'd suggest you get one with a SDD (Solid State) hard drive, as opposed to only bit cheaper, older type SATA drive.

Completely out of character for me, I was an early adopter.  Also, max'd out the DRAM on this one, right off the bat.  Had been running my editing pgms on a dual core, but they're compatible with the quad.  I'll be interested to see how rendering times go.

30 minutes ago, sober4life said:

At least there will be a less chance of becoming frustrated on the weekend than compared to

the rest of the week

49 minutes ago, BeyondWeary said:

Exactly! The problem is that sometimes I can be my own worst enemy.

I am so glad that I found this DF because many years ago I did not know why I

felt this way when I really didn't have a reason to be frighten or tense up

11 hours ago, babyxgothxx said:

I am going to get help soon! 😄 I'll try to update you guys on my journey 💙 

I've missed you, BG!  I echo all the others - please keep us posted.

You are so worth getting the help you need!!!

Hugs!!!!

4 hours ago, Floor2017 said:

I am so glad that I found this DF because many years ago I did not know why I

felt this way when I really didn't have a reason to be frighten or tense up

I'm so glad you found DF too, Floor!!!!!  You're a blessing for me on here!

I went to pick up my daughter at University today.  Nice to see her.  She seems, well, down, as she always seems, but also much better than she was when I met her at the hospital a few weeks back - she was s*u*i*c*i*d*a*l.

I hope you all have a peaceful weekend!

Just now, sober4life said:

I just found out they found my cousin dead at 35.  We were very close.  This is going to be very devastating to me.

I’m sorry I’ll be praying for you and your family 

3 minutes ago, salparadise6132 said:

I went to pick up my daughter at University today.  Nice to see her.  She seems, well, down, as she always seems, but also much better than she was when I met her at the hospital a few weeks back - she was s*u*i*c*i*d*a*l.

I hope you all have a peaceful weekend!

You too my friend 

I realize I’ve been unusually emotional the past four weeks. I don’t cry very often (I'm more prone to smashing, throwing, and tearing things, and I self harm sometimes) but I have several times since just before Christmas over various things. My therapist of three years talked me off a ledge yesterday when I called him from New Orleans, where I was truly entirely alone for the first time in my life. I had never been as distraught speaking to him before. This was the closet I had been to committing a full blown suicide attempt in over a year. I arrived today in Albuquerque and met my father for the second part of a vacation. I was immediately overwhelmed by how beautiful it is, but I ended up crying again after my father fell asleep. I don’t know if it’s over the feelings I have for my psychologist, the less intense feelings I’ve always harbored over the therapist I spoke to yesterday, from feeling inadequate compared to the both of them, even feeling inadequate compared to my surroundings, or from not knowing what I would ever want to do on this planet and not knowing why I’m staying around. I’m also tired of being intimidated by other people and suppressing my feelings around them.

Edited by SqueezeWax