Sign in to follow this  
Paris43

I just need to vent...

Sorry I have been away, but, I have been under so much stress since the new year started...Just been in a super bad mood, my mania has been so bad..My nerves are so rattled...I saw my shrink a couple of days ago and he wants me to change my meds.--don't know if I can do it just yet though...My cell phone screen broke the other day and that set me off..I am not good at handling stress at all....Does anyone have any suggestions on how to relax??? Everything just seems to go wrong for me lately!! Thanks for letting me get this out....

22 minutes ago, Paris43 said:

Sorry I have been away, but, I have been under so much stress since the new year started...Just been in a super bad mood, my mania has been so bad..My nerves are so rattled...I saw my shrink a couple of days ago and he wants me to change my meds.--don't know if I can do it just yet though...My cell phone screen broke the other day and that set me off..I am not good at handling stress at all....Does anyone have any suggestions on how to relax??? Everything just seems to go wrong for me lately!! Thanks for letting me get this out....

Hey there @Paris43,

I am so sorry to hear that things have not been going well for you. I've had weeks upon weeks of experiences with this, so I know how you feel. It's not only overwhelming, but it's difficult to deal with. I can recommend you a few things that helped me- and I'll share some things that were also recommended to me.

Some things you could try doing is ending your day with some alone time and watching cute or funny videos that could make you laugh. It helps lighten your mood and can even make you feel better. Try taking a hot shower or bath and maybe lay down and watch some videos or T.V. Music sometimes helps or anything active can clear your mind, such as walking, jogging, or just cleaning up around the house. For some people, having a cup of tea, coffee, or cocoa is great way to de-stress. Candles and incense, especially in a dark or dimmed room, is a wonderful option to help calm you down. It might even help you fall asleep. Puzzles or crafts may be used to keep your mind busy and might not leave you as worried or stressed.

If you have any cats or dogs, sometimes petting or playing with them are great options if you're feeling down or troubled 🙂

I hope this helps! Let me know how things turn out. I hope you start feeling better!

Wishing you the best!

18 hours ago, Paris43 said:

I'm sorry you've been feeling like this... It's the worst, isn't it? I would suggest taking some time for yourself without letting your anxiety or depression attack you because you stopped moving. Something I do that really helps me is just distracting myself with whatever- games, movies, TV, books... Something that also makes me feel good is when I make something & listen to my favorite books on tape. I listen to the Harry Potter books on tape because they bring me back to my childhood and make me feel safe. I like to knit or draw while doing this. I hope you can think of something that you like to do that can also be relaxing!

Thank You so much for your post--I love your ideas!!! I do like to distract myself with music a lot--Music is my passion...You listen to books on tape?? That sounds wonderful, do you have a kindle?? I always wanted one of those..My birthday is in March, I may just treat myself to one!! Yes, I like Harry Potter as well--I have one of the Harry Potter books that I need to read as a matter of fact!! Thanks again for your suggestions..8-]]