MaepleSyrup

To everyone with depression.

Thank you for the comforting words and encouragement, they're very much appreciated. I'm try to be my own booster and feel I'm up to the task most of the time but today, my inner cheerleader twisted an ankle. 

@MaepleSyrup     Thank you so much.  You have helped me, making me feel better. I'm very triggered right now since few hours ago and trying to find ways to help me back on my feet. Reading your post and other people posts in here has helped me. Thank you again. 

6 hours ago, MaepleSyrup said:

Sometimes, it may seem like you are waking up to the same morning or same day, but just try to believe in that one special day where everything changes. It's almost like war- there's almost no way to determine when the battle will end, but there will always be an ending.

I like your analogy.  

On 1/4/2019 at 11:39 AM, MaepleSyrup said:

@Grounded, @ArthurP, @Atra, @Camellia,

You all are so very welcome!

I'm happy that you guys appreciate my words. I wish you and everyone else the best! You all aren't fighting this battle alone 🙂

Wishing the best

Mae

Thank you Mae.  We support each other.  

54 minutes ago, MaepleSyrup said:

To everyone who said thank you,

I'm glad this thread has brought all of you some light. I hope you all have a safe, happy day and I wish you all the best 🙂

Stay strong everyone!

I really like reading your posts it brings me 

comfort in knowing that people like you 

can help spark ️ a 🔥 in others 

5 minutes ago, Floor2017 said:

I really like reading your posts it brings me 

comfort in knowing that people like you 

can help spark ️ a 🔥 in others 

Honestly, I'm really flattered by that. I appreciate those kind words- thank you so much! 🙂

Most of the time, I never really help people with their problems in my own life, mainly because I don't know how. So I figured if I can't really help people with their problems and struggles, I might as well bring them some positivity to help them feel better- especially since I can't do that for myself sometimes.

So I'm glad these posts are at least doing something for someone😁

Thanks again @Floor2017, that really boosted my day!

3 minutes ago, MaepleSyrup said:

Honestly, I'm really flattered by that. I appreciate those kind words- thank you so much! 🙂

Most of the time, I never really help people with their problems in my own life, mainly because I don't know how. So I figured if I can't really help people with their problems and struggles, I might as well bring them some positivity to help them feel better- especially since I can't do that for myself sometimes.

So I'm glad these posts are at least doing something for someone😁

Thanks again @Floor2017, that really boosted my day!

We might not can bring comfort to ourselves but at least we can try to spark ️ it in others 

On 1/4/2019 at 12:06 PM, MaepleSyrup said:

Because you are strong. You have managed to fight those depressive thoughts and managed to wake up to another morning. I want us all to be proud of each other for still being here and not giving in to our suicidal thoughts. You all deserve better days and better lives, but don't forget how strong you are for facing your own battle.

Sometimes, it may seem like you are waking up to the same morning or same day, but just try to believe in that one special day where everything changes. It's almost like war- there's almost no way to determine when the battle will end, but there will always be an ending. That day will come.

We NEED to be strong, because what other choice do we have?? Sui.cide?? Mur.der whomever is causing us all that misery? Had all of us succumbed to weakness, DF will be full of ex-forum members.(there is no internet access in prison if life imprisonment for taking the life of another person)

But why are you talking about ending like you're able to GUARANTEE it? What 'ending' are we talking about anyway, winning the lottery? (the root cause of many depressions is usually financial) Or finally able to sleep forever, never having to wake anymore to face the ****s of this ****ed-up world?

11 hours ago, iWantRope said:

We NEED to be strong, because what other choice do we have?? Sui.cide?? Mur.der whomever is causing us all that misery? Had all of us succumbed to weakness, DF will be full of ex-forum members.(there is no internet access in prison if life imprisonment for taking the life of another person)

But why are you talking about ending like you're able to GUARANTEE it? What 'ending' are we talking about anyway, winning the lottery? (the root cause of many depressions is usually financial) Or finally able to sleep forever, never having to wake anymore to face the ****s of this ****ed-up world?

I'm really sorry for this. I tried...I don't know- helping, I guess. But if what I said really seemed like that, then I'm sorry for what I posted.

I know it was crappy of me. I don't even know what I talk about most of the time. I wanted to try picking people up, but now I can see the reality of it.

I'm sorry. I'm truly truly sorry for this.

If I knew how to delete posts, I would do it. I'm sorry for being blind about it.

I apologize to everyone about this post. I'm sorry for mentioning anything about endings or being strong. I know in the end, it probably meant nothing but reality. I feel bad for what I posted, in this case.

I wanted to help you all, but I know it's not something of my greatest strength. If anything, consider what @iWantRope explained up above. I know they brought it out better than what I said.

Again, I'm sorry for posting something like this.

2 hours ago, MaepleSyrup said:

I'm really sorry for this. I tried...I don't know- helping, I guess. But if what I said really seemed like that, then I'm sorry for what I posted.

I know it was crappy of me. I don't even know what I talk about most of the time. I wanted to try picking people up, but now I can see the reality of it.

I'm sorry. I'm truly truly sorry for this.

If I knew how to delete posts, I would do it. I'm sorry for being blind about it.

2 hours ago, MaepleSyrup said:

I apologize to everyone about this post. I'm sorry for mentioning anything about endings or being strong. I know in the end, it probably meant nothing but reality. I feel bad for what I posted, in this case.

I wanted to help you all, but I know it's not something of my greatest strength. If anything, consider what @iWantRope explained up above. I know they brought it out better than what I said.

Again, I'm sorry for posting something like this.

You have absolutely NO reason to apologize, @MaepleSyrup...Your positive and supportive attitude is much appreciated! Let the negative feedback roll off your back and direct it straight into the round file lol : )

48 minutes ago, LonelyHiker said:

You have absolutely NO reason to apologize, @MaepleSyrup...Your positive and supportive attitude is much appreciated! Let the negative feedback roll off your back and direct it straight into the round file lol : )

On this DF it’s something for all of us, sometimes it’s for you and sometimes it’s not for you.  If it’s not for you just don’t respond and move on to the next post and there is no harm done just let it go and move on.  Because each one of us needs something different and there is no need to try to belittle someone for trying to be uplifting.  There are times when down spirited posts are needed and there are times when other kinds of posts are needed.  Let us try to be there for one another because we don’t need anymore haters we have enough of those In everyday life.  Be blessed everyone and keep on posting your views.

6 hours ago, LonelyHiker said:

5 hours ago, Floor2017 said:

On this DF it’s something for all of us, sometimes it’s for you and sometimes it’s not for you.  If it’s not for you just don’t respond and move on to the next post and there is no harm done just let it go and move on.  Because each one of us needs something different and there is no need to try to belittle someone for trying to be uplifting.  There are times when down spirited posts are needed and there are times when other kinds of posts are needed.  Let us try to be there for one another because we don’t need anymore haters we have enough of those In everyday life.  Be blessed everyone and keep on posting your views.

I sure hope it's appreciated. Honestly, I don't know how to help people fix their own problems. I TRY, but usually it doesn't get far. I've dealt with more people than I'm willing to admit. And if I, personally, can't be strong for MYSELF, then why can't I try reminding and encouraging people to be strong themselves?

Hell, the only reason why I'm probably still here is because of the cats that need help being socialized so they can find their own home. It's sad enough to say that my job is my main highlight most of the time. It's sad to say my friends are literally cats. If anything, I'm not strong at all. I'm weak as hell. And I contemplate about ending my own life more often than I should. I come here to both get help and lend help.

As little of experiences I've had with helping people, I do what I can to at least be positive for people- in which I hope we all can try being positive towards others in harsh times. I agree with @Floor2017, being here will give us all something that we need. I know some of us are blessed for having this forum because we get the help or advice we need. And I hope this continues for as long as it can- it's a cruel world out there. For some of us, this is the only source of help we got. But I hope we all continue supporting each other and lending help to those who need it.

It's wonderful to see so much of that on here- let's hope this forum can continue for as long as we can 🙂

Wishing the best

Mae

On 1/4/2019 at 5:06 PM, MaepleSyrup said:

I just wanted to take a moment and tell you all that I am so proud of you for waking up to another day. I know it may be hard and I know you all are struggling, but what matters most is that you survived another difficult day- know why?

Because you are strong. You have managed to fight those depressive thoughts and managed to wake up to another morning. I want us all to be proud of each other for still being here and not giving in to our suicidal thoughts. You all deserve better days and better lives, but don't forget how strong you are for facing your own battle.

Sometimes, it may seem like you are waking up to the same morning or same day, but just try to believe in that one special day where everything changes. It's almost like war- there's almost no way to determine when the battle will end, but there will always be an ending. That day will come. Just keep it in mind.

I wish you all the best day/night, and again: I'm so proud to see all of you who make it past each and every night. Every day you wake up to is another yesterday succeeded!

Keep your heads up! You got this 🙂

I don't feel strong, I feel weak and pathetic and just sad. I feel like things will never get better and this is just how life is gonna be till I die, I'm just sad :(