Posted (edited)

Neurotherapy, also called Neurofeedback (NFB), EEG Biofeedback, or Brainwave Training . Just curious if anyone with GAD or Panic Disorder has tried this? I've been reading about it more and more lately and I think it would be worth trying at least. Have anyone of you been successful with it?

Any feedback would be appreicated.

Thanks! 

Edited by Grounded

I tried it and it removed a panic attack I usually had during nights. I got so excited that I stopped taking my ad and my GAD returned back very soon. So, my thoughts it's worth trying along with medication at least at first, don't jump the gun. Good luck. And it needs to be done by professionals.

If you google Neurofeedback Institutes near me it should show you where it's available. I know that we have several large ones here in the bigger city near where I live. But research what it is and what they do. It's something I'm really interested in, just haven't been to one myself just yet. Also, as someone else said, make sure it's a reputable Institute, google reviews on the place before calling them for sure! 

Posted (edited)

I had it for a while and it was quite effective.  Although it was for depression and ADD (which was ruled a false diagnosis).

Edited by Rattler6

Just now, Rattler6 said:

I had it for a while and it was quite effective.  Although it was for depression and ADD (which was ruled a false diagnosis).

Did it help long term? Just curious 

I have never heard of neurofeedback, but, I have had biofeedback before--It did not help me, I tried it for pain...My therapist told me to keep telling myself that the pain was all in my head and that I wasn't really hurting, was just such bull...I stopped after 3 sessions...I hate to be negative because biofeedback might help others...=-// 

Hmm I'd suggest googling Nuerofeedback therapy and read how it is performed and the success stories it would be much more detailed then I can explain. 🙂