surfcaster

Post one of your fears

5 minutes ago, surfcaster said:

Afraid people will judge me for my depression and past suicide attempts if they find out

Ya, same here.

I fear public speaking. I turn into a stammering idjit. Unfortunately, it's an integral part of my #$%^! job. I've done it for decades but it still scares the whee out of me.

3 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

Ya, same here.

I fear public speaking. I turn into a stammering idjit. Unfortunately, it's an integral part of my #$%^! job. I've done it for decades but it still scares the whee out of me.

I fear standing up to speak and nothing comes out of my mouth 👄 and I run out of being shame

Me too, heights.  If I go to the Hoover Dam, or the top of the Stratosphere in Vegas, I have to stay way back of the perfectly safe barriers.  My knees turn to the proverbial jelly, and I feel the oft reported urge to throw myself over, just to escape the fear. 

Writing this I remembered--and just checked on Google--that humans are born with only two fears:  falling is one, and loud noises the other. 

Edited by Bulgakov
editing never ends

I fear everything that's been written so far. Honestly if I tried to compile a list of all my fears, it would probably have at least 100 things, no exaggeration. My ex told me once, in an annoyingly jokey manner, that I'm afraid of life. Yes, I am. It's miserable. I'm always catastrophizing or preparing myself for the worst. It's exhausting. 

On 12/24/2018 at 5:00 PM, Epictetus said:

I fear being afflicted by any of the senile dementias, like Alzheimer's disease.

On 12/24/2018 at 6:26 PM, Floor2017 said:

I also fear that as well since it is in my family. My grandmother and mother sufferers from it

Me three. Ever since my mom was diagnosed with early onset dementia, I've convinced I will experience the same fate. I see so much of myself in her, that I am truly terrified of the same fate. It doesn't help that in the last few years I've felt myself getting dumber. I make spelling and grammar mistakes I never would've made ten years ago. I often can't remember what year it is. One time I got in my car and I couldn't remember what side of the street I was supposed to drive on. I just know that if I don't do something to counteract it, I'm only going to get worse.

On 12/24/2018 at 6:12 PM, Bulgakov said:

Me too, heights.

Yep.  A local 7-storey parking garage is one of my favorite photo venues.  But I have to keep away from the edge.  We also have a long, very convenient express lane flyover on the interstate that, more often than not, I now avoid.  Oh, I'm safe in my car and it's a lovely view...wait...no it's not.  Keep eyes on road.

Someone mentioned a possible explanation is that as we age our sense of balance isn't what it used to be....m'kay.

1 hour ago, TheSandman said:

One fear?

Never getting over my emotional block. I still can't cry or get angry. Or feel anything other than extreme hope or extreme hurt.

Hang in there my friend and hopefully your emotional state will begin to change in the coming year of 2019.