Sign in to follow this  
Markovcred

Increasing dose to 30 mg from 15mg; what have you experienced?

My psychiatrist thinks that my 15mg dosage isnt cutting it as I have been having more depressed/stinking thinking (thoughts of self-harm, intense pessimism, dreadful fear, etc) . She suggested that I take 30 mg. I told her I wasn't comfortable with this since I had never taken that much before. What have others experienced? Is there less sedation during the day? Any weird side effects? I realized everyone's brain chemistry is different but looking for general feedback to make me feel better. 

Thanks!

Lower doses of mirtazapine are more sedating, whereas higher doses can actually be a bit stimulating. Higher doses are better for depression, while lower doses are better for sedation and weight gain.

Hi! going to 30 was so much easier than starting the remeron in the first place. I didn't find a huge change in my side effects from 15 to 30 except that my depression slllllooooowwwwwwwly eased up.

Good luck!!!

On 12/23/2018 at 11:41 AM, tracyistrying said:

I took 45 milligrams and it was fine except for the tiredness for the first few days.  Listen to your doc.

Is it good for your depression? Thanks.