Not having any other to talk

mmd

Any one the same ? I mean, no body. No one to go out, or to talk. Been managing this with this forums and online stuff, but its hard to find a good talk with this things, ive not met any to talk online either. What about you, whats your experience with this ? (Please people only over 25 old to reply).

Hi @mmd, I'm sorry you are so alone. I feel alone all the time, too, but I'm lucky enough to have 1 or 2 people I can talk to or hang out with. Without those 1 or 2 people I would probably be crazier than I currently am. I hope you're able to find at least a couple of people you can hang out with to help you get out and socialize. I think it makes a huge difference in how you feel. If you're stuck at home all the time, your mind kind takes over with all sorts of unhappy thoughts. 

Maybe you could try going to places with similar aged people to get out of the house? Go to a coffee shop or book store. I know it's much easier said than done, but maybe you'll feel better and meet someone to help keep you occupied. I met my current closest friend through kickboxing. I think she's my best friend, but I still have insecure feelings with her. I feel like I'm a burden or sometimes if she isn't there to talk to I don't know what to do with myself and I feel lonely. It's a lot of pressure to put on one person, but if you find that one good friend, you'll feel so much better. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have nobody as well. I can’t talk to the person I am supposed to be closest to and most comfortable with, my husband. He just tells me I have it good and I need to stop complaining. He doesn’t get it, I feel increasingly disconnected from him. I moved away from my family, lost all my friends, slowly changed my personality to make him happy, moved away from all my hobbies. I feel empty and I don’t have one single person to talk to. I’m always fearful to talk to someone. I’m fearful they will treat me as a burden and my feelings as insignificant. Instead I have to constantly pretend I am happy and have a great life to avoid arguments with my husband and to ensure my kids don’t see me sad. I even made an online friend, which I am too shameful to express and explain my mental hang ups to. I wish I had someone. Anyone.

I do have friends to speak with and friends who actually understand depression, but I honestly don't want to talk to them about this because I feel it's a a burden for them no matter what they say. I simply feel the conversation will always be the same because that's simply how depression is. I feel they would eventually grow tired of me and simply not answer when they saw my name and number flash up and that would simply be unbearable for me.

So ultimately I have no one to talk to because I won't.  That's why I'm glad for these boards. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dont stay silent, talk to us here, to start the process. I am blessed I have a couple of real life friends, whou derstand me fully, but they are in the same situations. Do we are not that happy a bunch but we treat each other with respect and dont judge each other. Th3 part that helps in my opinion is to have somebody that will listen, and suggest positive things. As soon as somebody says if you hadn’t have done that, or what were you thinking, put up a solid wall, chant in your head I love myself, i can do thus and get away from them

• 3 months later...

Any other ? The worst thing is when you dont have any other thing to do, just  check all the things you could check, theres nothing to do, and I think "i would have a talk with anotherone", but theres no one, theres just a silence, a mental silence also, its just be there, doing nothing, thinking nothing, without nothing to do about it, its just a land of nothingnes. 

I know the feeling very well. It hits me every day in the afternoon. I really want to get out somewhere and engage with people, but my mind is blank or I shoot down every idea I come up with.

The barrier is in our heads, not in the world. There are many people out there to talk to. The problem is that we don't believe it.