Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JudeAllen1803

Suggestions for Anxiety Meds?

Recommended Posts

I have Social Phobia and Generalized anxiety disorder, and I was wondering if anyone had an Idea of good long-term anxiety meds to take with mood stabilizers and or antipsychotics, as I'll be using them to treat my bipolar II disorder, thanks, I'm doing research, but I can't find any long term solutions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JudeAllen1803 said:

I have Social Phobia and Generalized anxiety disorder, and I was wondering if anyone had an Idea of good long-term anxiety meds to take with mood stabilizers and or antipsychotics, as I'll be using them to treat my bipolar II disorder, thanks, I'm doing research, but I can't find any long term solutions.

I’m on a low dose of Klonopin which does help, but I only take it before bed to calm me down so I can sleep.  I am also on an antipsychotic and antidepressant and it doesn’t interfere with either.   Hope you find something that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, extendedrelease said:

I’m on a low dose of Klonopin which does help, but I only take it before bed to calm me down so I can sleep.  I am also on an antipsychotic and antidepressant and it doesn’t interfere with either.   Hope you find something that helps.

I was told that wasn't a long term solution though, and I've taken it, at a .5mg dose and it gives me muscle spasms and kinda took me out of it, I was having trouble thinking and concentrating to the point I couldn't spell out my name. Thanks, and maybe if I find the right combination it will work.

Edited by JudeAllen1803

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2018 at 2:55 PM, ladysmurf said:

your doctor would know best. some anti psychotics and mood stabilizers are used for anxiety. unfortunately for me they dont work and i have similar issues. i hope you find something that works!!

 

I'm thinking I'm going to have to change psychiatrists, because everyone from that place isn't very good at their job. Not to judge, but she doesn't even give me breaks before starting a new med, which everyone knows can be dangerous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2018 at 4:15 PM, JudeAllen1803 said:

I'm thinking I'm going to have to change psychiatrists, because everyone from that place isn't very good at their job. Not to judge, but she doesn't even give me breaks before starting a new med, which everyone knows can be dangerous.

good luck i hope it works out..yeah usually they give you a break before starting with another medication, i think it depends on medications too, and dosages..but i hope you figure it out..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on a combination of prozac, abilify and a low dose of klonopin (i take a quarter of a .5 mg tablet at a time).. and it works for me. Mine is for panic disorder/ anxiety, though, not bipolar disorder. I do hope you find the right combination for you soon. I remember how desperate I was before I found my cocktail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 4:24 PM, CrazyEddie said:

I'm a fan of buspar. Cheap, low side effects (some brain zaps, but not as bad as it sounds), and seems to help somewhat.

Well, now I'm 7 days away from being a month on Effexor XR, and it seems to be helping my anxiety a lot but not my depression or mania. I've spoken to my therapist about it and I'll speak to my psych when I see her again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 5:20 PM, Lunachick said:

I'm on a combination of prozac, abilify and a low dose of klonopin (i take a quarter of a .5 mg tablet at a time).. and it works for me. Mine is for panic disorder/ anxiety, though, not bipolar disorder. I do hope you find the right combination for you soon. I remember how desperate I was before I found my cocktail.

Yeah, Prozac wasn't good for me I was constantly in a mixed, manic or depressive state and my anxiety was through the roof. Now my SNRI Effexor XR seems to be helping my anxiety and I'm trying to figure out how to get my psychiatrist to let me try any sort of mood stabilizer with it even an atypical one like lamictal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Yes i understand where you are coming from. Probably getting a dog or a cat could really prove to be helpful. I got myself a dog a couple of months back and it is unbelievable how my life really has took a different turn in just this short time. Yes not healed but significantly improved. Life looks a lot better now. So yeah. You could definitely try this option. Otherwise you can try meditation and yoga. It calms you down and get that optimism inside you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...