Sign in to follow this  
JudeAllen1803

Should I try Remeron?

Lately my psychiatrist and I have been trying me on SSRIs to try and treat my depression, so far I'm not liking the results (we've only tried three but still) and I was wondering if anyone thought this might be a good one to ask my psychiatrist about, I'm also open to other options but Zoloft (Sertraline), Celexa (citolopram), and Prozac (fluoxetine) didn't work for me. Thanks.

Hello. I think it is worth trying especially if you're having difficulty sleeping. I took it at night about an hour before bedtime. Mirtazapine is a different class of antidepressant and it can be taken along with an SSRI as an augment. So your doc may choose to add it along with the primary medication you're taking. 

1 hour ago, Atra said:

Hello. I think it is worth trying especially if you're having difficulty sleeping. I took it at night about an hour before bedtime. Mirtazapine is a different class of antidepressant and it can be taken along with an SSRI as an augment. So your doc may choose to add it along with the primary medication you're taking. 

Okay, thanks. I'll tell her to think about it.

I took Remeron along with Lexapro and the combination worked great!!  The Remeron helped me sleep and the Lexapro helped with depression and anxiety.  Also, the Remeron probably did also have an effect on the depression as well.

I think those two together are good combination.  There's also something called "California Rocket Fuel".  I think it's Remeron and some other antidepressant.  They seem to work really well together.  There's an article here somewhere on it if you do a search!😀