Jump to content
Rattler6

Shows/movies that you hate

Recommended Posts

Put down a show or movie that you hate and why.

I hated friends.  A bunch of stuck in your careers and one major spineless simp.

Gladiator: poor choice of battle for the first one (Marcus Aurelius over came the Germans with squad based tactics not the standard full battle array [correct me if I am wrong here please], highly disappointing portrayal of Marcus Aurelius (if you knew anything about him), Maximus should have been called Legate or Legate Legionis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, sober4life said:

Just one I guess I hate Jeopardy.  I don't like watching a show that makes me feel stupid.

No one does, just means you need to expand your mind.  Someone told me to do that back in junior high school and that is something that I have slowly been doing.  Almost wrote a thank you but I did not want to be a creep.

Also: "The Crow," everyone hyped this movie and when I saw it, I thought it was a total bore!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rattler6 said:

No one does, just means you need to expand your mind.  Someone told me to do that back in junior high school and that is something that I have slowly been doing.  Almost wrote a thank you but I did not want to be a creep.

Also: "The Crow," everyone hyped this movie and when I saw it, I thought it was a total bore!

Yes I hated The Crow and Friends like you.  I also hate Dr Phil, Dr Oz and Maury Povich.  They are all terrible shows.  All the talk shows just take advantage of outrageous people.

Edited by sober4life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any "reality" show. There's nothing real about them (thank goodness).

Court shows. Are there really that many maroons in this world? And do they really want to display their maroonic natures to the world at large?

Mark me down as another Friends hater. What a self-indulgent, narcissistic pile of poo.

Not a fan of Seinfeld either. Maybe I'm simply not urbane enough to "get it".

Edited by JD4010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2018 at 11:48 AM, JD4010 said:

Any "reality" show. There's nothing real about them (thank goodness).

Court shows. Are there really that many maroons in this world? And do they really want to display their maroonic natures to the world at large?

Mark me down as another Friends hater. What a self-indulgent, narcissistic pile of poo.

Not a fan of Seinfeld either. Maybe I'm simply not urbane enough to "get it".

A doctor who was on the witness stand once said: "Yes it was possible that the subject was still alive and practicing law!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a rule of thumb, I don't tend to enjoy television shows with a "laugh track" although it is not intolerable or anything.  I like reruns of "I Love Lucy" even though that situation comedy had a laugh track.   Just an odd trait of mine, I guess.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sober4life said:

They haven't made a good horror movie yet.  They're all as pathetic as those goosebumps books they used to have when I was a kid.

I thought the Goosebumps books were generally pretty good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't hate any TV show or film, but to answer your post some shameless offenders include:

The Big Bang Theory -- Sickly sweet, cloying, unrealistic. Due to the show's huge popularity, maybe I'm wrong, but I'm sure I remember a time when social outcasts were a force to be reckoned with -- bold, rebellious trailblazers that would push things forward. All the Big Bang Theory does is make a mockery of geeks.

The Inbetweeners -- I can't stand the way this show patronizingly tries to say 'these characters are just like you.' They're not.

Eastenders -- No idea why this grotty, scum-fest endures.

Coronation Street -- Unashamedly seizes upon and even seems to celebrate the aching blandness of northern England.

All films by Michael Bay.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fox News. It’s not over the politics. I hate it because all these people do is complain all day long. They complain when things are not going their way, they complain when things are going their way.

I wouldn’t be listening to this if I had a choice. I overhear it almost 24 hours a day because it is—no exaggeration—the only channel my father will watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

"Modern Family."  It's almost innocuous enough not to mention.  The show just barely misses on all cylinders.  The gay guys are a throwback to swishbuckling portrayals of yesterday.  Al Bundy has enough talent by himself for a comedy series, but his character is lifeless.  I think I dislike it because it has very good actors and potentially funny situations in place, and perpetually comes up empty.  There is a world of possibility between "Green Acres"/"I Love Lucy"--though Green Acres occupies a world of its own-- and smart, tongue-in-cheek comedy but the show never lands there.

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov
editing never ends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SqueezeWax said:

Fox News. It’s not over the politics. I hate it because all these people do is complain all day long. They complain when things are not going their way, they complain when things are going their way.

I wouldn’t be listening to this if I had a choice. I overhear it almost 24 hours a day because it is—no exaggeration—the only channel my father will watch.

While that is definitely true of Fox, I have stopped watching a lot of news networks precisely because of this problem. Some days, it seems like the only qualification you need to be a serious journalist is the ability to theoretically prove you're either oppressed or missing out.

And they tell US that we need to 'snap out of it'. Sheeeesh. If you put someone with a depressive disorder in a room with a TV journalist, my money for the most complaining would be on the journalist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MarkintheDark said:

Any of those Lifetime or Hallmark "feel good" movies.

They don't make me feel good.  They make me feel like running my nails down a chalkboard. I'd rather watch something with action.

Then my family want to know, 'why you no normal? Much stabby, such action.'

😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MargotMontage said:

While that is definitely true of Fox, I have stopped watching a lot of news networks precisely because of this problem. Some days, it seems like the only qualification you need to be a serious journalist is the ability to theoretically prove you're either oppressed or missing out.

And they tell US that we need to 'snap out of it'. Sheeeesh. If you put someone with a depressive disorder in a room with a TV journalist, my money for the most complaining would be on the journalist.

I think everyone wants to be the victim now, no matter who or where they are on the food chain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...