20YearsandCounting

epictetus' "Did You Ever?" Thread, Part Two

Share a light-hearted or funny little fact or incident about yourself, then pose a similar question for the next person to answer.

Question: have I ever participated in a charity walk or run

Answer: no, but it is my goal to get fit enough to run in the OKC Run to Remember. 

Query:  Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by someone you had stereotyped?

On 11/30/2018 at 3:50 PM, evalynn said:

No, I've never been to Disneyland. When I was little, I went to Disneyworld but I didn't do the Haunted Mansion ride. 

Have you ever gone kayaking? 

On 11/30/2018 at 9:39 PM, Lady Mozzer said:

No I never have.

Did you ever jump in puddles after it rained ?

On 12/4/2018 at 4:59 AM, evalynn said:

Yup, as a kid.

Have you ever taken a subway?

On 12/4/2018 at 6:02 AM, Atra said:

Yes! Including The Bay Area Rapid Transit, the London Underground, the Rome Metro, Boston's T, Chicago's L and New York's subway system - I'm fascinated by it's history. 

Have you ever gone out of your way to step on a crunchy-looking leaf?

On 12/5/2018 at 1:16 AM, evalynn said:

Yup, I miss the Fall foliage.

Have you ever participated in a charity walk or run?

I don't think I've ever played music all day, or even most of the day. I'm kind of weird in that I can go a long time with only listening to music in the car. I rarely just sit around or do stuff with music on in the background in the house.

Did you ever drive a motorcycle or moped? 

I've lost my wallet or purse probably more times than I can remember! One time, I lost my wallet and I was really upset because I had a lot of cash in it. I looked everywhere, frantically, and eventually had to just give up. Well months later, I was in the passenger's seat in my mom's car and I reached down and my wallet was underneath. What must've happened is that I took out my wallet and hid it under the seat one of the days we went walking at the beach. Then I forgot I put it there. Well, I'll never do that again!

Have you ever had something stolen from you? Did you get it back or find out who did it?

Yes and because anxiety can sometimes become weirdly like arrogance, I conceived and prepared responses to anyone who might step to me about my "style". Yeah nobody cared if they at all took notice.

Have you ever flown in a helicopter?

Yes. I can become obsessive, but usually for a very short time. So I'll listen to a new song I like on repeat for days, and then I'll get sick of it and not want to listen to it for a while. lol

Have you ever slipped on a patch of mud outside (like I did yesterday)?

No, but I would love to. My parents met in Hawaii where they both worked at the same air force base. They got married at the chapel on base. A few years ago, my dad was looking into going there for vacation. But it never happened, and now with my mom the way she is, it never will. 

Did you ever go to Las Vegas?